I can't be heard by the person I am calling. Why?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

I can't be heard by the person I am calling. Why?

I need help! Why can the person I am calling from my iPad not hear me even though I can hear them perfectly. Is there a setting I don't know about?

Stymied
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 9 (2,470 Views)

Re: I can't be heard by the person I am calling. Why?

Either you mute your microphone of Skype or the sound volume of your contact 's device is set too low.
kwinghui
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 259
Message 2 of 9 (2,447 Views)

Actually my microphone is on because the person receiving and accepting my call hears some static noise which completely goes silent when I turn off the microphone. My volume is set on high. So after trying and researching every possible venue I am beginning to think I may have a defective microphone. Tomorrow I will go visit an apple store and see what they tell me unless someone out there has another solution!

Stymied
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 9 (2,442 Views)

[ Edited ]
Have you asked your contact to set the sound volume to maximum ?
kwinghui
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 259
Message 4 of 9 (2,437 Views)

I called my contact on a regular phone so there was no volume to set. I tried him both on a regular phone and a skype account neither worked. 

However, for anyone interested the problem was solved when I went into camera mode and took a two minute video with sound. This seems to have unlocked the microphone and now everything seems to work fine. Is this fluke or did it really unlock something? I cannot tell you! I love my iPad but not being able to get to the backbone of the system can be VERYfrustrating!!! thank you for your inputs.

Stymied
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 9 (2,419 Views)

I know my microphone is muted, ot volume, but i went to settings and there is anyrhing there but volume xontrol, i cannot find a way to set microphone on in skype, i have not trouble hearing the other person, but they cannot hear me , even with test call. Can you suggest solution, please????
Posted from Apple iPad
Citli8
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 9 (2,391 Views)

Where is the microphone control on the i pad??
Posted from Apple iPad
Citli8
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 9 (2,388 Views)

Where is the microphone control on the i pad?
Posted from Apple iPad
Citli8
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 9 (2,387 Views)

the other person or persons cant hear me but ican hear them why?
1234a
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 9 (1,736 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling