How to sign in if i made an account using facebook...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to sign in if i made an account using facebook.

Ok So my problem is I created my account by simply logging in with my facebook.  The problem is when I try to log in on skype with my ipad or iphone there's no option to log in with my facebook account.  So hiow do I log into my skype app if it won't allow me to log in this way?

israelgoulet
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 15
Message 1 of 10 (19,286 Views)

Re: How to sign in if i made an account using facebook.

I had this problem as well.  The solution is to go back to your PC, create an account WITHOUT selecting MSN or Facebook.  Once done you will have a new Skype name and password that can be used on an IPAD or Android device.  You can merge your Facebook or MSN account with the master account.

slf59
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 2 of 10 (19,153 Views)

This is a big bug and is a real pain in the arse. I cant believe that Skype allows you to create a new account using your facebook login but then does not allow you to login using this feature on ipad or iphone app. The other problem is that you cannot even login to skyp through normal login, you HAVE to login using facebook every time! Then when you want to load contacts from Skype it is not possible either! Skype have to do something about this urgently!

Vertical Matters Pty Ltd
verticalmatters
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 10
Message 3 of 10 (19,028 Views)

Skype needs to solve this problem yesterday. How is it they haven't even addressed this problem yet?
Posted from Apple iPad
Jd1276
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 4 of 10 (18,911 Views)

This is a complete nightmare.  I made the mistake of committing to a subscription under the facebook account- they will not allow me to transfer my credit to the non-facebook/convenient account.  I paid for an online skype number (for work purposes) that I would like to have forwarded to my cell when I'm out of the office, no luck.  I've been told that I need to wait out my subscription and then transfer over to the non-facebook account.  I will not be able to tranfer my contacts, so I will need to do that manually.  My phone number will also still be linked to the first account, so I'll have to forward it via skype-to-skype (I believe).   I'm sure all of this is going to be a huge headache.   I'm kicking myself for thinking "hmmm... sure I'll sign up with Facebook and save myself a few minutes".  This has wasted well over an hour trying to sort out.  Not to mention that I now have to address most of my concerns with FACEBOOK and not Skype.  You can imagine how easy it is to get a rep dealing with your issues there.

vanessa1234
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 10 (18,775 Views)

Same!! they need to sort this!

beautylover41
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 10 (18,721 Views)

Tengo el mismo problema. Abrí una cuenta a mi hija desde Facebook. Le compre unidades y suscripción por un mes. Y ella no puede entrar en el skype... Si le abro una nueva cuenta se pierde el dinero. skype not FairPlay.
Posted from Apple iPad
Renelev
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 10 (18,473 Views)

Well... Lets see, Microsoft bought Skype.... Yeah that pretty much explains why we are having these issues. Funny that you can sign into iPhone version of Skype with an MS account though. Yet another disappointment, Microsoft.
Posted from Apple iPhone
jarhed323
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 10 (17,368 Views)

i agree... this is a BIG pain......

twinkle4
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 10 (12,691 Views)

Skype's iPhone app still doesn't allow sign in with a Facebook account............

Dave_2013
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 10 (5,345 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling