Re: Skype login using facebook

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: How to login by facebook account on skype for iphone

still ongoing bug.

I believe if we could create/change our skype name trough the web browser. this could be solved.

this way your login would be  zeze123 and not facebook:zeze.123 and you would not have the need to merge another email account.

Skype could just add, during the subscription with facebook process, the creation of a skype name.

It's a sugestion.... customers would appriciate it.

NonoB
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 31 of 45 (2,680 Views)

I am unable to login on my iphone skype through facebook just like the rest!
Posted from Apple iPhone
George.Gorayeb
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 32 of 45 (2,335 Views)

Wow this is so shotty no woder skype SUCKS now i cant believe i loaded money to an account i cant use, sooo stupid. Your dev team is a sorry lot indeed. This problem has existed for about a year, I think its time to impliment a fix...

Mattchew49
Novel Tourist
Message 33 of 45 (2,026 Views)

This really ticks me off. I need to use Skype - with my Skype number that I pay for - on iOS in order to stay in touch with my company's clients.

It's not possible to sign in with Facebook on the phone/iPad like I do on the computers. I have tried to follow advice in this thread and merge a Microsoft account with my existing Skype profile, but that doesn't work either, because that ALSO requires signing in with a Skype name. There's no "Sign in with Facebook" button, and it doesn't allow using the facebook: username.

Come on Skype, there has to be a simple solution to this that doesn't take years to implement. It can't be THAT hard!

Hammarblad
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 34 of 45 (1,790 Views)

Kadri wrote:
Unfortunately it is not possible to log into Skype for iOS with your Facebook account, so you can not use the same account on your mobile. You need an existing Skype or Microsoft account to log in on Skype for iOS.

Why? Is there a reason not to allow long-time Skype users to run the app?

If I had known this a couple of years ago I would never have merged my Skype account with my Facebook account, but now it's too late. A lot of people use my current Skype name and number to reach me. If I create a new account to use for mobile they still won't get hold of me when I'm out and about. 

I've been waiting for a solution to this for years. Not kidding; years.

If you can't fix it, find a way to work around it. There has to be a way to satisfy this demand from your users.

Hammarblad
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 35 of 45 (1,788 Views)

This is ridiculous. After the launching of ur fancy update on ios, there's still no way to log in from a fb account. I've much balance on my fb account and I just can't use it at all from my phone, nor get my credit return. This is HUGE INCONVENIENCE!!! And all i can do is have two accounts and ask my friends to add me from two accounts and msg me via both accounts. THIS IS JUST RIDICULOUS!!!! FIX IT PLEASE!!!!

sofchn
Novel Tourist
Message 36 of 45 (1,638 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have to disagree and I refuse to create 2 accounts. Thats complete and utter BS. I have Tons of contacts on my facebook but have to create 2 accounts because the skype developers are too lazy to put the most basic form of authenication on their application. But You know Microsoft owns skype, hints why this "Free" service is acting so **bleep** all the sudden. What there needs to be is another solution. A competitor with the same protocol. Its rediculous they keep coming out with all these meaningless updates and keep avoiding the real issue. I too merged my Skype Account with my facebook account and now I have to suffer for this ? 

AnthonyGordon2
Novel Tourist
Message 37 of 45 (1,479 Views)

You know, it's not just skype but also facebook. I'd keep your life simple and not rely on fb. It's a temporary holding spot anyway. Technology is and always has been workaround. 

ChrisGammill
Novel Tourist
Message 38 of 45 (1,459 Views)

I managed to log on to my account on my iPad, but it looks like it's a different profile as I don't see my contacts... Way too difficult!

jovada
Novel Tourist
Message 39 of 45 (1,194 Views)

this is retarded. what a stupid **bleep**ing thing.

paarandisen
Novel Tourist
Message 40 of 45 (960 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling