How do you unblock people on new skype?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

How do you unblock people on new skype?

I literally cant find anything that will allow me to unblock someone on the new iOS5 skype.
Anyone know how to?
ethanosx
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 27 (52,640 Views)

Re: How do you unblock people on new skype?

You have to go onto thier profile page when adding them by clicking thier photo or name, then you click the blue bubble and go into the previous conversation you had with them. Then you will be able to select the unblock option from inside the chat dialogue box. Peace.

Angelic
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 2 of 27 (52,244 Views)

Wow thanks! i was really angry at myself for blocking my friend, now i can talk to him again :happy:
Rossw123
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 27 (50,433 Views)

i dont know how to unlock my friend because i deleted our converstation
nessanessa762
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 27 (50,388 Views)

I still can't do it because there is no button to unblock the person
mya828
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 27 (47,677 Views)

I'm sure one of these can help you, but i have the same QUESTION!
mya828
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 27 (47,677 Views)

Just go to the left pane of skype, you will see your blocked friend in there. Do a secondary click on its name to see the various options you get, and select unblock. I had the same issue and solved it. 

Cheers.

musicgoesblack
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 7 of 27 (47,612 Views)

The way I did this was to search for the person in the "search" box at the top right of the screen. When I found them in the list show. I right clicked and unblocked...

Al
ourhandyman
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 27 (46,283 Views)

Look in your history, it should say the name of your contact and then "blocked contact."

Click that, and your contact should show up on the left in recent. right click and select unblock.

shelovespiano
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 27 (44,810 Views)

If you have deleted the conversation or are having trouble, the easiest way (this is faster even if you have the conversation) is to go to contacts, add new contact, and then search the person you blocked.  Click send frend request and it will say you must inblock them first and then click unblock.  This is super easy and I fifured it out myself.  Have fun.

dadavidjoe
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 27 (39,464 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling