How do you log out on iPhone 4S

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do you log out on iPhone 4S

How do you log out of Skype on iPhone 4S it used to be beside people but its changed and I don't know...
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
dan.d125
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 15 (16,134 Views)

Re: How do you log out on iPhone 4S

There is a button in the top right corner on the Profile screen to sign out.

HowlingMad
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 15 (16,120 Views)

I've upgraded to iOS7 and now Skype wont log me out. Previously you just close out and shut down the Skype app. Now if you're skyping on the computer, the messages also come up on your iphone, even when you're not logged onto the phone. EXTREMELY ANNOYING

kendralondon
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 3 of 15 (15,841 Views)

[ Edited ]

i logged out and messages are still occouring in notifications in my iphone 5S ios 7.0.3

lillekas
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 15 (15,237 Views)

Likewise. The app is closed on the iPad, but I'm still receiving messages. I don't check my iPad that often, so the messages are delivered and I'm frequently unaware of them. And then they're not sent to my desktop (which I do use often) because Skype thinks I've already seen/read them.

In other words, if the app is closed, please could it effectively sign me out (even if it doesn't actually sign me out) and disregard all incoming messages?

Thanks.

AndyMason
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 15 (14,992 Views)

On IOS7 on iPhone 5 I cannot stop messages being pushed to my phone even after logout, I use Skype all the time and it's not just annoying its soul destroying and battery offensive!

SKYPE - Sort this unprofessional, poorly thought about, incredibly annoying and totally unnecessary error and let users logout - this is so basic yet a complete disaster for my communications. Skype is being uninstalled until this ridiculous issue has been rectified.

hotmelter
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 6 of 15 (14,829 Views)

Just uninstall and then reinstall when you want to use Skype. If we all do that they fix it. It's game theoretical.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Qwertyuioplkjhg
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 15 (14,237 Views)

Count me in the annoyment club!!

I have different accounts for my computer and my iPhone. People send me Skype messages while I'm not supposed to be signed in on my iPhone (5S).

This issue is so terribly annoying besides the already annoying fact that I keep getting messages days later...

The future is not Skype for me, definitely NOT!! The issues with the service keep disappointing me, be them technically or interface-related...

Olli.vdl
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 15 (13,753 Views)

OKAY so the problem is the App itself. Skype needs to fix this error on the app. There is a temporary fix however. I just sent in a review on the app store explaining this problem. I dont want people to think im ignoring them when I'm not even online even though it says I am. In your Skype app you can either go invisible or you can appear offline. That way no one will even bother to try and IM you after you have signed out on both your app and computer. This is the only thing you can do for the time being til Skype fixes this little bug.

chipmunkbabiie
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 15 (11,260 Views)

Re: How do you log out on iPhone 4s and 5

open Skype in the bottom u will have an option to open ur profile.....

Profile shows it name and there will b an arrow. Click it and u will have an option to sign out
due.honey
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 15 (10,770 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling