How do I downgrade Skype to previous version on my...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

How do I downgrade Skype to previous version on my iPhone 4?

Please send me instructions on how to downgrade to previous version. After today's update I am unable to make any calls to Thailand. All lines for the past 5 hours are busy. However, I have no problems calling Thailand using other services. After many attempts to call Cuba, I finally connected but could not hear the other party due to bad connection. Some calls dropped. All this happened after today's update. Please roll back to previous version until you fix major bugs like I described above.

vicstone
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 1 of 15 (7,795 Views)

Re: How do I downgrade Skype to previous version on my iPhone 4?

I agree 100%   I can't use the service I PAY FOR.  All I want to do is downgrade to the previous version.  I can't even get in contact with skype to ask this.  Stupid company.

chriswoods83
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 2 of 15 (7,654 Views)

I don't know if this works as I haven't tried it myself, but I'm told that if you updated the app on your phone and haven't yet synced that update to iTunes, then if you delete the app from your phone and resync to iTunes then you'll get the old version back. As I said I've not tried this, so cant tell you if it works or not, but it might be worth a shot!
Posted from Apple iPhone
recsat
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 21
Message 3 of 15 (7,619 Views)

recsat wrote:
I don't know if this works as I haven't tried it myself, but I'm told that if you updated the app on your phone and haven't yet synced that update to iTunes, then if you delete the app from your phone and resync to iTunes then you'll get the old version back. As I said I've not tried this, so cant tell you if it works or not, but it might be worth a shot!

It works!! I did this twice,  once for each crappy update. I always been able to go back to
old version.

arabela
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 24
Message 4 of 15 (7,614 Views)

I've just tried this and it does work :happy: Yay, i have the previous stable version back on my phone for now. I also have my chat history that wouldn't load on the new version happily loaded in the old one again! 

recsat
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 21
Message 5 of 15 (7,576 Views)

Tried that syncing mentioned on after deleting this crap update to Skype (v.3.5.117) but maybe i hadnt synced my ipod Touch on itunes prior to having Skype 3.1.0

macosx75
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 6 of 15 (7,573 Views)

I think that I may have the same issue.

The worst thing since these new upgrades - the keypad for entering conf codes/PIN/etc. is horrible (small), and even if you do have the correct entries, I'm hitting ~98% failure rate (attempting to join conferences).  I never had this issue on previous versions.

formercanuck
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 15 (7,566 Views)

The 3.5.17 is horrible! Can't view history easily, extra steps to select options in history that were simple in previous versions, can't tell when keypad numbers are being pushed, etc, what a mess!

How I downgraded (windows). See if there's a older version of the skype.ipa in your recyle bin. If so, you're good to go. Delete the app from your iphone, delete the app from your itunes apps (right click and delete). Restore the ipa from the recycle bin. Navigate to the ipa (path found right click on an app in itunes and click get info), right click on the skype ipa, click open. It will be selected in itunes. Drag it to your device.

Hope that helps. Also hope skype hears what we're saying and makes quick changes back to simpler, easy to use functions... KISS (keep it simple skype). 

simpleguy
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 8 of 15 (7,345 Views)

Thanks. I restored the older .ipa file and it is back to v3.0.1.  Thank goodness.  I'll refrain from any future Skype upgrades from now now.

iPrivacyPolicy
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 9 of 15 (7,308 Views)

i have the same issue. i have't older version in my rcycle bin and sync my ipod after upgrading skype. now what should i do. can i get older verison of skype from anywhere ? plzzzzzzzzz help.

sadaf0000
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 15 (6,144 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling