How do I delete call history on the iPhone?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I delete call history on the iPhone?

I've been using Skype for Windows for years and onlyl recently started using Skype on my iPhone. I am having trouble deleting my call history. Under messages, I swipe the call and tap delete, but when I come back into the app, it's there again! It won't delete! My list keeps growing! Please tell me how to get rid of my history!

Thank you,

HafnerDesigns

HafnerDesigns
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 6 (6,092 Views)

Re: How do I delete call history on the iPhone?

Welcome to the club! Short answer: You can't! It doesn't work! It's a bug!

I really can't understand why on earth has Skype not addressed this serious bug... Is it so difficult to understand that users need to be able to remove their chat/call history? It's both a privacy issue and an aesthetic issue too.

Frankly, this makes me think that they have done this deliberately for some reason. It just doesn't make sense to leave this bug uncorrected after so many users' comments and requests.

I have already uninstalled the app from my iPhone 4. Will be waiting for the next update. In the meantime, I have advised all my friends and colleagues to say away from Skype. I will keep boycotting it until they release a properly written app just like the good old Skype 3.0.1 (that was before Micro$oft acquired Skype, right? Hmmm...).

DrCeeVee
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 2 of 6 (5,864 Views)

I found that my history will delete if I delete the app and then reinstall. Pain in the ass tho... however it's one easy way of bulk deleting.

HafnerDesigns
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (5,860 Views)

Me too wondering the same. I cannot write anything against them because of T&C. Come on Microsoft do something otherwise this will be a waste buy. iPhone users are more and will get this app for sure. It will be a strict privacy issue if we continue this way. Add a new feature or give some kind of an option on the web account. A real funny scenario...

Good luck!

maybach_hp
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 6 (5,809 Views)

Even with a deletion and reinstall of the Skype app, it has retained my history from months ago. This is a serious flaw that is starting to bog down my app with old messages that keep being reported as "new," despite me reading the exact same messages on iOS previously. The sheer volume of text and history on a single scrollable wall of text has increased the number of crashes and made it extremely slow to type even the simplest of messages.

I have no way of deleting history, whatsoever, even with a reinstall of the app.
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
Swishf
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 6 (5,737 Views)

I'm having the same problem, however I did manage to delete one chat somehow, and cant figure out how to do it again.

ggirl
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 6 (512 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling