How do I block someone on my iPad?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I block someone on my iPad?

So I have been getting weird calls from some recording. It's name is Notification Online alert and it told me to go to a website and that my computer network is bad. I accidentally picked up the call once and hung up after. I am really worried about my iPad and if it will give it a virus. Should I block the person or should I just remove skype altogether from my iPad? Also, how do you block a person on the iPad? There doesn't seem to be an option for it. I don't even know how to remove contacts. Please help!!

tinacai991
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 9
Message 1 of 60 (109,461 Views)

Re: How do I block someone on my iPad?

I also have th exact same problem with my iPad 2!!! please help!!!
Posted from Apple iPad
simmyballe
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 60 (109,330 Views)

Hi, 

Currently it is not possible to block contacts directly on Skype. Please log in to Skype on a Mac or PC or Linux computer and block the user there. 

Our development team however is aware of this and we try to add the blocking feature as soon as possible. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

-----
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
Mart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 202
Message 3 of 60 (109,308 Views)

Does that mean I will need to "install" skype on a machine other than my iPad2?  Or just log into my account on skype.com???  Help!!!

LindsayZ
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 60 (109,259 Views)

You can remove your contact by touch and hold on the photo on the contact for a while, a small x appear on the left upper corner of the photo, touch the x and touch delete.
kwinghui
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 260
Message 5 of 60 (109,255 Views)

Can you please tell me if this problem has now been resolved? On all other Skype platforms I use you can block unwanted callers or only allow your own contacts to call you. If you have not resolved the issue how else can I achieve blocking spammers on the iPad version?
bbedrich
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 6 of 60 (108,819 Views)

The more I think about this the more annoying it becomes! I have used skype on my mac and iPhone for years and only had less than 10 spam/unwanted contact requests in that entire time. I get an iPad and within less than 24 hours have had two spam calls and a host of unwanted contact requests. Skype, why can't you get it together on the iPad?..
bbedrich
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 60 (108,800 Views)

You cannot prevent or block the contact request in Skype for iPad, though it is quite annoying to get some request from unknown person. You can refuse the request and delete his icon.
kwinghui
Esteemed Adventurer
Message 8 of 60 (108,792 Views)

Can't Skype correct this fault?..
bbedrich
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 60 (108,788 Views)

Up to now, NO. As your Skype account name is exposed in this forum, anyone can make contact request to you through the ' Search Skype directory'.
kwinghui
Esteemed Adventurer
Message 10 of 60 (108,764 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling