Re: How delete skype chat on new iPhone version

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

How delete skype chat on new iPhone version

Hello everyone,

does anyone knows how to delete chat history on iPhone? on the previous version you could that, and now you only have "quit" and nothing related to delete chat history.

thanks for your help.

alexcola
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 4 (5,408 Views)

You can finger swipe to delete a chat, but the next time you chat with that same contact the entire chat history is still there. There is NO WAY to clear history or delete a chat session on Skype v3.5.117.

I reverted to an older version.  I delete 3.5.117 from my computer and from my iPhone.  Then I restored the .ipa file (prior to 9/28/2011 release date) from my time capsule.  If you don't have a back-up system, check your recycle bin.

Double click or install back onto iTunes.  It worked for me. I have v3.0.1 and I will NOT be upgrading every again.

iPrivacyPolicy
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 4 (5,212 Views)

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation, I think it is really lame that this updated version does not allow people to permanently delete chat history.  Hopefully there are some solutions soon! 

jean0511
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (5,061 Views)

i thought upgrading/newer versions are supposed to be better??? this is very annoying and very frustrating...
natusch87
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 4 (4,992 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling