Group Calling from my IPad

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Group Calling from my IPad

How do I make a group call from my iPad. The Skype user interface on my IPad does not appear to have a group call tab as shown on the Skype web site. According to Skype their iPad app supports group calls but so far I can't figure out to do this
lorainezuliani
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 8
Message 1 of 15 (55,422 Views)

Re: Group Calling from my IPad

indeed, I also have this problem, it looks like that the skype app does not support video calling, trange as it looks that the ipad or tablet pc's will become a standard in the future !
delywafels
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 15 (55,405 Views)

I have the same issue. Cannot find a place where I can add a second or further contact or number to extend an active call to a group call - a simple and stable feature in the PC version of Skype.

If support/anyone can give us an indication of where we can find the feature or alternatively when it will become available that would be great.

revanrensburg
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 3 of 15 (55,387 Views)

I have the same problem but when talking to someone in Skype that is on the Pc they can add groups that I can talk in.
Posted from Apple iPad
GtahDab
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 15 (46,756 Views)

You can't get group calling from ipad so far. But you can get it on iPhone
Posted from Apple iPad
AwesomePeeps
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 15 (42,882 Views)

I have the latest version of Skype on my IPhone 3gs, and the layout is the same as on my iPad 4. So no group call for me on iPhone either.

oleriis4102
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 15 (38,501 Views)

In fact the Linux version on my Ubuntu PC can make group calls, but not iPad? This is not OK Skype/MS! - dont battle with Apple on this issue. You should deliver as good a product as possible even though it is on the IOS platform. That would be the best long term strategy for you, - in my humble opinion.

oleriis4102
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 15 (38,499 Views)

Well buddy. If you havr a computer you can set up the call before it is added to your iPad there's less control but group calling does work. I have had a problem
Setting Up on any I device.goodlyck finding something though!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Charlestho123
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 15 (37,657 Views)

Sorry dinny eat me. Why don't u just get an iPhone 4S or 5
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
dan.d125
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 15 (37,541 Views)

How do I add people to a group call on Ipad 3
Posted from Apple iPad
kOD1992
Casual Tourist
Message 10 of 15 (26,154 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling