Deleting contacts in Ipad app

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Deleting contacts in Ipad app

Since there is absolutely no suport throughout Google and Skype.com, I am forced to ask the question here.

How to delete skype contacts in iPad app? I tried to login to skype.com website. There is no contact list there. I can't do it in iPad app either.

Please advise.

Accepted Solution

by Stevie3328

Press and hold contact until a little X appears in the corner. Click on the 'X', answer yes to the question that pops up.
Problem solved!

View solution in original post
alexburan
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 11
Message 1 of 35 (96,065 Views)

Re: Deleting contacts in Ipad app

[ Edited ]
Open Skype for iPad . On right side tap the Skype contact, all contact icon appear, touch and hold the icon you want to delete until a X appear at the left upper corner of the icon. Tap the X to delete the icon.Then tap cancel button at the right upper corner after finish.
kwinghui
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 248
Message 2 of 35 (96,033 Views)

This works on my All Contacts profiles but it doesn't work on a specific contact in the iPad Contacts list. I have no idea how this person got into my list and I want them deleted.
mythreeladies
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 3 of 35 (95,152 Views)

I have a few folders of contacts, none of which I set up. I want to delete the All Contacts folder/icon. I touched the folder/icon on the iPad screen for some time and the X mentioned below never did appear. I did not give permission for Skype to copy my address book. How did this happen? How do I undo what Skype did with the newst upgrade?
Posted from Apple iPad
gpatate
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 4 of 35 (94,431 Views)

Did you ever get an answer? I have some person "Amanda" that has suddenly shown up down the left side of my skype screen. Tapping her little icon picture only results in her name on a bar accross the top of my screen. Holding it does nothing, there doesn't appear to be any way to get rid of her. She does not show up in any of my contact lists that i can find.

flyboy77
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 35 (89,845 Views)

flyboy77, if the person doesn't appear in your contact list, then she has sent you a contact request but you haven't accepted it yet. If you do not know the person, then please click on the contact request, and then the 'x' on the right side, the person will then not be added to your contact list and the request should disappear.
Kadri
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 171
Message 6 of 35 (89,550 Views)

Thanks a lot you arefantastic!!!!
Posted from Apple iPad
lulysanto
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 35 (89,039 Views)

How do I remove a Skype contact on my Mac iPad?

Posted from Apple iPad
Nonigove
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 35 (87,964 Views)

I had this problem until I realised that sky automatically adds the contacts that are in the iPads contacts folder. Open iPad contacts and delete the contacts from that folder fIrst. They will then disappear from the skype iPads contacts folder.

Posted from Apple iPad
Ragbagblue
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 35 (85,784 Views)

Thx, I looked into that already, the problem person was not in my ipad contacts list.

flyboy77
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 35 (85,464 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling