Deleting chat history from new skype version for i...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Deleting chat history from new skype version for iPod touch and iphone

Not sure if this has been posted already but to delete your chat history:

Go to your messages option and where it lists each individual chat you've had with one of your contacts either by yesterday, 1 week etc slide your finger from left to right and a "delete" option in a red box appears next to the chat history you want to delete.
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
macosx75
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 1 of 21 (19,354 Views)

Re: Deleting chat history from new skype version for iPod touch and iphone

How can i do it in the ipad version???
Thnx
Uros
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 21 (19,328 Views)

No matter how many times I delete; it still pop / show up on next visit :sad:(

Should I deleted the programme and re-install it?
bonlee
Casual Tourist
Message 3 of 21 (19,290 Views)

deleting of course doesnt delete uninstalling doesnt delete skype just dont give a toss about privacy

jonnieware
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 21 (19,251 Views)

No matter how many times you swipe and delete, the messages are still there. Is this a flaw in Skype for iPhone? Please tell us and advise as how to fix this or when a fix will be available. The answer to this problem showed a technical incapability. I hope someone at Skype can answer this.

bokeror1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 21 (19,022 Views)

It does not work, the message reappears. Any other ideas that do work would be welcome.
bokeror1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 21 (19,017 Views)

for iphone on skype. click on messages, then press the contact to the right.........delete will appear :happy:

nadeem4eco
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 21 (17,523 Views)

This took me forever to figure out.  Its more then just deleting.  You have to delete...as said.  Make sure you are not logged in other places.  For example I frequently stay logged into skype and my phone at same time.    Both have to be shut.   Skype on computer had to be set to delete history forever.   Then shut both at same time.    HOPE no one skypes you before you can reopen and then they are deleted.   I kept getting messages from one person and his took until he went offline for a bit and was able to do this while no messages were incoming.    

Hope this helps clarify.  I played around with this for awhile before I figured it out.

iluvswimming
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 21 (12,570 Views)

its simple ....first go to the 'recent' option then on the upper left hand side is 'edit' option select it...it will mark a red dot over the given done chats....select the chat u want to delete and its done.

diksha.sharma52
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 21 (7,958 Views)

Moved to the current discussion on Skype 5.0 for iPhone - This topic was related to a meanwhile outdated Skype version

Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13454
Message 10 of 21 (4,009 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling