Delete shared file from web

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Delete shared file from web

I've tried to share a photo with one of my skype contacts from Skype 5.0 for iPhone. The contact didn't receive the file and I got a message on the desktop client:

To view this shared photo, go to: https://api.asm.skype.com/s/i?...

I find the fact that this picture is available on the web really disturbing and would like it deleted. Is there anything you can do to help me? Also why this has happened and is there a place to see and delete all the shared media for my account?

Thanks.

sergey_sergey
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 26
Message 1 of 95 (20,364 Views)

Re: Delete shared file from web

[ Edited ]

This also happend to me, looked everywhere can't find a way to remove it.

HVD270
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 2 of 95 (20,294 Views)

Hi,

I have same situation.

erde.lee
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 3 of 95 (20,257 Views)

Need this as well and it's ridiculous that it doesn't exist already if you are introducing this new feature...

magtak
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 4 of 95 (20,223 Views)

I see that you have gotten yours deleted, but how? I don't like how its on the internet. Do you have to sumbit a report for it to be deleted or what?

MayhemMischief
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 5 of 95 (20,098 Views)

[ Edited ]

i wanna delete this shared photos on this **bleep**ing skype! who the **bleep** is this who made this to upload in the skype site!

hmmmm123
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 6 of 95 (19,952 Views)

If anyone has found a solution to fixing this please share.

ty89
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 16
Message 7 of 95 (19,903 Views)

any soultion yet? I have the same "problem" not happy that my pictures are out there

petixitep
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 8 of 95 (19,756 Views)

I contacted the support team and live chated with someone. they said that the pictures are private as long as no one has the link. But I still agree that this is disgusting that they would even upload them to the internet. I made the complaint and they said they would address their management about the issue. So hopefully we'll get somewhere.

ty89
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 16
Message 9 of 95 (19,724 Views)

I still have no solution from skype team.

Just to make it clear: the link in my first post was intentionaly edited not to share the media file with all the community. But it's still there on the web at the right URL.

sergey_sergey
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 26
Message 10 of 95 (19,583 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling