Can you send pictures using skype and iphone 4s?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Can you send pictures using skype and iphone 4s?

Can you send pictures using skype and iphone 4s? If so how? Thanks

Accepted Solution

by lmgould4
I di as instructed above and it worked. The only difference is I has to select +more to get to send photo. thanks S.P-Translation!!
View solution in original post
Mackie
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 9 (50,884 Views)

Re: Can you send pictures using skype and iphone 4s?

As far as I can tell, no. You can not receive, either, although for some reason you still get the notification that someone is trying to send you a file. There is no accept button, and there are no buttons to send a file.

flurffmeister
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 2 of 9 (50,730 Views)

Can we get this added?  So it cannot do it now, will it?  I love skype and I now with the new position I am in, I would like to be able to be part of Skype with my team from my phone.  So I would like to be able to send and receive files.

jwolmanapi
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 9 (50,120 Views)

I would really love to see this feature myself! I mean, if you're on the on go and want to send a few pictures to friends/family that would be awesome. Sure you could wait until you get to a computer, but what fun is that?

But I guess if all else fails, there's always picture sharing through the FB app, or Photobucket, etc. ..:(n):

xDevlinx21
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 9 (48,723 Views)

I searched the web today on my iPhone and I think I saw some iPhone help stating that sending pictures is possible...now I cant find it anymore - are there any news on this topic?
mki
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 5 of 9 (38,058 Views)

No news on this. Still not possible. See here: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA11104/can-i-send-files-on-skype-for-ios

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 10240
Message 6 of 9 (37,897 Views)

You can only send and receive image files on Skype for iOS.

To send an image:

Sign in to Skype and select the contact you’d like to send an image to.
In the Contact Card, tap Send Photo.

Select an image saved on your iPhone or iPad, or take a new one. The image file can’t be larger than 25 MB.
You can send your file only after your contact accepts it. You’ll see a progress bar showing you how much time is left until your image is sent. You can stop sending your file at any time by tapping x.

Refer to:
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA11104/can-i-send-and-receive-files-on-skype-for-ios
S-P_Translation
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 9 (33,481 Views)

I di as instructed above and it worked. The only difference is I has to select +more to get to send photo. thanks S.P-Translation!!
Posted from Apple iPhone
lmgould4
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 8 of 9 (17,448 Views)

To transfer files files from iPhone4to other device it is best to use iPhone transfer software. This is one of best medium to get back files . Where it does not take too long time to transfer files and it is easy to transfer with this tool. iPhone transfer for Mac can be done easily.

jhnjohn
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 9 of 9 (12,478 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling