Can't hear on iPhone internal speaker

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Can't hear on iPhone internal speaker

Hello,

On all calls (Wi-Fi, 3G, Skype-to-Skype, Skype-to-Phone) I can't hear anything coming out from my iPhone call speaker (where calls are generally made out of) at all. When I change it to the phone speakers (the ones from where the music comes out, ...) I can hear the call perfectly.

I am running iOS5, iPhone 4 and the latest Skype build.

Any help?

Thanks.

MegaEduX
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (2,269 Views)

Re: Can't hear on iPhone internal speaker

I am having the same exact problem. Did you resolve your issue???

SUN-EYE
Casual Tourist
Message 2 of 6 (1,924 Views)

Exact same problem here on iPhone 4. i have tried to re-install this app without helping. it has never been solved for at least 6 months now.
netslayer
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 6 (1,858 Views)

This problem just began with my iphone 4s. It was working fine and now I can only hear on headphones or speakerphone but not on internal speaker. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I keep having problems with this iphone and it has already been replaced once by Apple.

kmk62
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 4 of 6 (1,852 Views)

Just to add that I have the exact same problem on my iPhone 4s. It appears to be ringing and I think most callers here me but I get nothing unless I enable to loudspeaker. This has also been the same with different versions and after reinstalling.
Skype... come on

DJB83
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 6 (1,022 Views)

Hi everyone!

This may sound a little bit silly, but have you tried turning up the volume all the way?

Also, make sure the mute slider on the side of the phone is set to unmute.

Can you hear anything if you put it to your ear?

Anthony :happy:

AnthonyB256
Routine Adventurer
Message 6 of 6 (1,002 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling