Can't access microphone on iOS7

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Can't access microphone on iOS7

[ Edited ]

Me to but after downloading ios7 on ph I went to make a Skype call and when the app asked for access to mic I declined. I deleted and reload . Now I am at wits end as no one can here me. Don't know how to re allow Skype to my mike.

[Topic title changed by Moderator to reflect that it affects all iOS devices]

Posted from Apple iPhone

Accepted Solution

by Claudius

If you accidentially disallowed Skype app accessing your microphone on iOS7 you can change the setting via:

Setting > Privacy > Microphone > Skype

View solution in original post

Accepted Solution

by Claudius

Detailed step-by-step instructions to solve this accompanied by screenshots to be found here: 

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12336/what-do-i-do-if-my-microphone-does-not-work-with-skype-on-my-ios-7-device

View solution in original post
Ajoz64
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 97
Message 1 of 141 (236,538 Views)

Re: iPad microphone

Me too but after downloading ios7 on ph I went to make a Skype call and when the app asked for access to mic I declined. I deleted and reload . Now I am at wits end as no one can here me. Don't know how to re allow Skype to my mic
Posted from Apple iPhone
Ajoz64
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 97
Message 2 of 141 (236,523 Views)

Re: iPad microphone

I have same problem after downloading IOS 7 on my ipad. Which I have no problem at all previously, even my other IOS devices has no problem with IOS 5 or 6. I really need help to make somebody else heard my voice from my ipad.
Posted from Apple iPad
harywhizz
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 21
Message 3 of 141 (236,504 Views)

Re: Can't access iPad microphone on iOS7

If you accidentially disallowed Skype app accessing your microphone on iOS7 you can change the setting via:

Setting > Privacy > Microphone > Skype

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 10405
Message 4 of 141 (236,494 Views)

Re: Can't access microphone on iOS7

You don't get asked the option re the microphone. Downloaded it twice and it stays muted. Changed it in privacy settings works a treat. Seems the default is off! PITA.

Gonesailing
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 16
Message 5 of 141 (236,252 Views)

Re: iPad mic not working with Skype

Hi i had the same problem and search all iPhone and iPad issus on the web. i fixed my problem and i'm sure this is a corect solution. go to setting--> privacy --> check microphone and turn on all microphones applications. Good Luck.
Mic-Problem
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 12
Message 6 of 141 (235,139 Views)

Done all that it's still the same
Posted from Apple iPad
mp3012
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 7 of 141 (236,034 Views)

I can´t find this on my phone, can you guide me ?

To manage your microphone privacy permissions on iOS 7, go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone.

Smaekker
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 8 of 141 (235,962 Views)

From the home screen go to settings, the icon with the cog on it, then go to privacy third block down, then microphone, last option and then make sure the button is showing green. If it white it is switched off. That is all that needs to be done, but check you have the latest Skype for IO7. It came out a couple days ago. Good luck
Posted from Apple iPad
Gonesailing
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 16
Message 9 of 141 (234,773 Views)

Thanks, that's great. I can be heard by other users again by just simply changing the privacy setting. Thanks a lot !
Posted from Apple iPad
harywhizz
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 21
Message 10 of 141 (234,672 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling