Can't accept a call on iPhone 4

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Can't accept a call on iPhone 4

when I receive a call from a valid contact on my iPhone, it rings for a few seconds but it does not allow me to accept the call and soon after the call ends. The originating contact receives a notification that I did not answer the call.

However, when I make the call, everything is fine and the connection is made (video and audio). 

Any thoughts?

nfarimani
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 1 of 16 (8,924 Views)

Re: Can't accept a call on iPhone 4

I have not received a reply to this post. Does anyone have this problem or is it just me?

nfarimani
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 2 of 16 (8,788 Views)

I have been experiencing the same problem! I even bought credit for my skype account, and still.. nothinh :sad:
Alexandra4444
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 16 (8,772 Views)

I have the same problem, but i haven't been able make any calls either. I I also put $ on Skype credit. i have been using Skype on my laptop, but now all my video calls go to my iphone and I cannot answer. Someone please advise
bmobleyjr
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 16 (8,738 Views)

I have the same problem, but i haven't been able make any calls either. When I get a call, its only audio.  I I also put $ on Skype credit.

i have been using Skype on my laptop, but now all my video calls go to my iphone and I cannot answer. ISomeone please advise

bmobleyjr
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 16 (8,738 Views)

I can't receive or call anyone from my contact,the call will drop when press answer. The Echo/Sound Test works, but the video test is not. and the video icon option is on the no video, i can't switch it to either front or rear camera. its set on no video. I am using a brand new iPhone 4, AND I STILL HAVE TO CARRY MY LAPTOP everywhere for skype. 

cindychung26
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 16 (8,682 Views)

I have exactly the same problem. I'm calling from my laptop skype to my uncle iPhone 4S skype and he can't answer as the call immediate drops. If he calls me, we dont have any trouble and all looks to works well. Has skype done any feedback? Thanks!

jmp
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 16 (8,591 Views)

Same problem here. I've been wanting to get a skype premium acct + online number for quite awhile... finally had the extra $$$ to sign up for a year subscription to each & got a really cool phone number.

Problem is that anytime someone calls me, as soon as I slide the "lock screen" button, the call drops & the skype keypad opens.... (ever get the feeling you've been ripped off?)
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 16 (8,543 Views)

Cannot recieve calls. Ditto to the original question raised!

When I test call from another phone, that phone tells me Skype call rejected.

I am in online status.  What's up with this?  Nothing found in Support - Help so far.

bnaschansky
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 16 (8,533 Views)

Uninstall the Skype App from the Iphone. Turn the phone off. Turn it back on. Reinstall the skype app. That will work.
wiseguy90248
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 10 of 16 (8,504 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling