Re: Call does not hang up!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Call does not hang up!

Hi, having trouble placing calls using my iPad app. After my first call Skype won't hang up that call and I can't place anymore - please help. Thank you!
Posted from Apple iPad
Macgonzalez
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 1 of 11 (2,593 Views)

I'm having the same problem on my windows vista computer. The hang up button does not work. What to do? If you are having the same problem give this thread the thumbs up.

sapotyb
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 2 of 11 (2,541 Views)

I'm having the same problem on my MAC with the first phone call. I get the spinning rainbow for 1 minute and 30 seconds and often, a message left for someone doesn't go through.

cqi_eaton
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 11 (2,314 Views)

Same problem here on W7 pro with latest version of skype v.5.8.0.158.   Finding lots of complaints but no solutions!  All I can do to end the call  is kill skype  through task manager. 

Does Skype support monitor this forum?

djmtek
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 4 of 11 (2,252 Views)

Same problem using my iPhone. Wife also has the same problem. It is impossible to hang up on a call. Shutting off the phone doesn't help. The call is still going when you turn the phone back on. Super annoying especially since most of our calls via iPhone are international burning Skype credit.

Very lame support on this issue from Skype seeing how old these comments are. 

SPD617
Casual Tourist
Message 5 of 11 (2,212 Views)

Please help.a video call does not hang up the red phone button doesn't seem to work so I can't make other calls
Posted from Apple iPad
LisaDuprey
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 11 (2,132 Views)

I have the same problem
wcd
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 11 (2,061 Views)

same here
wcd
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 11 (2,060 Views)

Same problem here. Occurred after freshly opening Skype after freshly restarting computer. Calling from Win7 to android tablet. Tablet never rang - but I couldn't end the call. Had to restart (again).

industrialzombi
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 9 of 11 (1,969 Views)

same problem and its driving me crazy. where do you find an answer?

tales
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 11 (1,878 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling