Bluetooth headset does not work with skyp iPad app

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Bluetooth headset does not work with skyp iPad app

Any idea when this is going to be fixed?  I have reported the problem and was advised to carry out the usual checks, but my logitech bluetooth headphones will only connect to Skype on iPad 2 for the first time and then can't use again until I close Skype down and even then it is hit and miss.  This is so bloody annoying and is the only application that I cannot use the headphones with on the iPad 2 and Macbook Pro.

joconnor70
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 11 of 87 (4,055 Views)

As you can see by numerous posts about this problem here & on the Net, it's a pissing match between Apple ipad bitmonkeys and Skype coders. I see this phenomenon with other 3rd party ipad developers/hardware mfgrs, such as music instrument interfaces for ipad. Look at forums for Alesis iodock, Apogee ONE, and other devices to read of similar.

As a new Apple user & battleworn Windows vet, I believe it's just a hop, skip & jump from Redmond to Cupertino. 

techstrat
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 12 of 87 (4,048 Views)

Just bought my bose bluetooth series 2 , same problem , any idea when this bug is going to be fixed , otherwise I am returning my bluetooth even though thats not the problem

itsgood2bdutch
Novel Tourist
Message 13 of 87 (3,898 Views)

I'm experiencing the same issue.  Motorola H680 bluetooth headset paired with iPad 2 and Skype iPad app.  The headset works fine on the first phone call after launching the app, but all subsequent calls are forced to the internal mic & speaker on the iPad with no recourse.

The workaround discussed below - removing the app from cache and restarting - *does* work for one phone call but you need to repeat the process over and over.  This is an effective workaround though agreed it is very cumbersome.

Skype, has the root cause for this issue been identified?  When is the fix scheduled for Release to production?

ankles78
Novel Tourist
Message 14 of 87 (3,871 Views)

Same problem, Beats Wireless by dr.dree, this is disappoint...

hetam
Novel Adventurer
Message 15 of 87 (3,814 Views)

Just bought a bluetooth stereo headset(Arctic sound P311 if it makes any difference) and I can't use it for Skype calls because the audio doesn't go through the headset.

Like the rest of the people in this forum said, my stereo headset works with everything else except the Skype app(v 3.6.1) on iPad2, iOS 5.0.1(the workarounds posted here were of no use to me)

Skype, get your act togheter, admit there's a bug with bluetooth headsets and fix it in your next version for iOS because this is really ridiculous !

Tnx for your time !

Siged by an angry customer...

citizend
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 16 of 87 (3,791 Views)

Seems like Microsoft's philosophy is extending along Skype's team already... Like a virus!

Same problem here with a Jawbone Era + iPad. Waiting for a solution.
RoyWalker
Novel Tourist
Message 17 of 87 (3,747 Views)

Posted from Samsung GT-I9000
Vlado99916
Casual Tourist
Message 18 of 87 (3,737 Views)

I would like to use a bluetooth headset with mic to make calls. I presently use my iPad 2 (Verizon WiFi+ 3G) as a cell phone and while people will ridicule the size as too big for a cell I say that a cell phone is too small for web browsing and almost any other app. I have cancelled my cell phone account with verizon and save money going with the iPad solution. I would also use the iPad to Skype and would like a BT that would works for that also. How come no one from Skype weighs in on this?

Gerry863
Novel Tourist
Message 19 of 87 (3,709 Views)

Also Plantronics Voyager Pro does not work. The connection breaks at moment you start the call. Please fix urgently!
Captniglo
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 20 of 87 (3,683 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling