what does a gray icon with a gray question mark in...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

what does a gray icon with a gray question mark inside mean

I realized I have been seeing this gray icon with a gray question mark inside of it next to one of my contacts and I have feeling she did not remove me or block me cuz she had told me she didn't
zakkary73
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 5 (33,365 Views)

Re: what does a gray icon with a gray question mark inside mean

I think it may mean that you have indeed been removed from their contact list.  you can open the profile page of that contact to see if the 'resend contact request' option will be presented.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1634
Message 2 of 5 (33,360 Views)

What does it mean when u go into a contacts profile with a grey question mark and says pending contact request and doesnt say resend contact request
Posted from Apple iPad
Freddie1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 5 (30,242 Views)

What if there's no pending contact request or no "resend contact request" either
Posted from Samsung GT-I9000
0 Kudos
djhendfox
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 5 (25,867 Views)

I have a new contact with the same issue. WHen I open the profile page I am not presented with the usual request to contact or connect as if the profile has not removed me. 

Here is the profile and i really think it it some kind of fake profile:

---capt.phillip.austin1

(another one that made contact with me was a "Capt.Paul RIchardson"- who dropped me :happy: when i told him hes fake.)

Both of these fakers claimed to be with the armed forces. Here is the chat with capt.phillip austin LOL:

[5/22/13 12:20:16 PM] capt.phillip.austin: good [5/22/13 12:20:59 PM] capt.phillip.austin: am Captain phillip austin from US [5/22/13 12:21:22 PM] capt.phillip.austin: but am now in Afghanistan for UN peace keeping mission

am 59 years

i will tell you about my school and birth scripts

I was born in Fort Belvoir, Virginia.I attended Flint Hill School in Oakton, Virginia. I was graduated with military honors from the U.S. Naval Academy with the Class of 1976, receiving a Bachelor of Science degree in Operations Analysis

I was a 1998 Distinguished Graduate of the National War College. I holds a Master of Arts degree in National Security Studies from Georgetown University, a Master of Science degree in Strategic Intelligence from the National Defense Intelligence College, and a Master of Science degree in National Security Strategy from the National War College

i rescue this boy when i went to sudan for peace keeping mission

he lost his parent and he has no body so i took him as my child i love him so much because i have no family [5/22/13 12:38:13 PM] capt.phillip.austin: he is only one i have now================

eyc eyc eyc yada yada yada yad....and he claims he lost his parents and wife in a car accident in France 2010 so he resuces a boy from sudan africa.

then goes on to say he wants someone to help raise the kid.

my attitude is like GET REAL! like dont create such an outrageous fake profile. lol

0 Kudos
kdcmh3
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 5 (19,713 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling