newer version of skype has serious faults with iph...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

newer version of skype has serious faults with iphone 4 . horrible tech support

0 Kudos
maduser
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (696 Views)

Re: newer version of skype has serious faults with iphone 4 . horrible tech support

I recently updated skype to the newer release as of Oct 2011. Boy am i sorry for doing so.

With all the previous versions of skype, i could access my Fido voicemail with not issues.

but since the newer release? forget it!!! Fido keeps saying " sorry invalid phone number" typed in.

Obviously, Fido wont recognise the dial tones skype sends.

i sent 15 emails to skype tech support. all i get is automated **bleep** answers. The most lied to into my face was: " just install the latest version of Apple OS 5 and it WILL work". Ya right!d

after installing the OS5 (which works great BTW) yep as you might of guessed, to access Fido Voice mail. Nope, it still doesnt work worth **bleep**!

skype tech support is quick to blame Fido for not recognising the dial tones it sends but hey wait a minute. If this were the case then why did all the previous versions of skype worked?

to me, skype is like Enron, its just another stupid corportation hiding behind their huge facade not afraid to lie to the public.

as for tech support , **bleep**! what a bunch of lying stupid **bleep**s!

0 Kudos
maduser
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 5 (575 Views)

Re: newer version of skype has serious faults with iphone 4 . horrible tech support

cannot copy text and font smaller...skype has no resolution and NO help conduit...Skype sucks

0 Kudos
dlison123
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (488 Views)

Iphone 4: newer version of skype has serious faults with iPhone 4 . horrible tech support

I have installed the skype on my iphone4. It seems to ring but the other person can not hear the ringing.

But I can talk to them via lap top.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
pamuk2011
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 5 (312 Views)

Re: Iphone4

0 Kudos
pamuk2011
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (311 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling