iPhone 4S - Multi-cast video conference

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

iPhone 4S - Multi-cast video conference

I would like to multi-cast a wedding to 2 remote Skype PC users from my iPhone 4S, is this doable?

Thank you,

Carlos R.

0 Kudos
carlosr2080
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 8 (5,989 Views)

Re: iPhone 4S - Multi-cast video conference

No, not feasible as it is more than the maximum, one-to-one.

0 Kudos
htrmc
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 187
Message 2 of 8 (5,821 Views)

Posted from Samsung SHW-M110S
0 Kudos
rumesh
Casual Tourist
Message 3 of 8 (5,589 Views)

Hi, 

Unfortunately Skype for iPhone does not support initiating conference calls and it is also not possible to host or participate in a group video call. 

-----
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
Mart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 209
Message 4 of 8 (5,499 Views)

That is not a solution. That's a let down. I've looked at near enough every post on these forums and the infrequency of solutions is really quite astounding. Do you not have engineers or support staff? Is it just moderators? I suppose it is vital that we keep these ever so useful networks clean and friendly, god forbid someone might actually stagger here looking for answers.
milano_tom
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 5 of 8 (5,484 Views)

Unfortunately for the problem you stated there is no solution with mobile Skype clients. If you wish to multicast an event to other parties then you need a PC or a Mac with Skype 5.x installed upon it, in order to make video calls. 

-----
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
Mart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 209
Message 6 of 8 (5,455 Views)

Well, with the popularity of Skype on mobile phones you think they would make this crystal clear before selling me the upgrade to Pro. Now I have to go cancel that. Jim
0 Kudos
jschrempp
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 8 (3,559 Views)

you're complaining that a phillips screwdriver is unsuitable for flat head screws. grow up & use one of the many suitable technologies out there, such as ustream.

0 Kudos
alan.
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 8 (1,474 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling