iPad mic not working with Skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

iPad mic not working with Skype

I have installed Skype on my iPad (1) device. First two calls great but now my mic doesnt work anymore (i can hear them but the don't hear me). test call does not record my voice. Please help
Posted from Apple iPad
emiromolina
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 17
Message 1 of 20 (55,843 Views)

Re: iPad mic not working with Skype

Hi, 

Try to reboot the iPad (hold the sleep button until the red slider appears, slide the red slider and once the screen is blank press the sleep button again). This has worked for me.

-----

If you found my post helpful, please give "Kudos". If my post solved the issue, please mark it as a solution.

Click here to find out how to contact Customer Service directly
sirel
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 42
Message 2 of 20 (55,836 Views)

I have the same issue, the reboot has not made any difference any one got an answer?
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
LesjonesCFIOSH
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 20 (55,823 Views)

I alão have the same problem. I reset my iPad, but the problem continues? Any suggestions?
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
Robertofabricio
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 20 (55,815 Views)

Is the mic working with other apps (not Skype)?

0 Kudos
Heather
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 25
Message 5 of 20 (55,807 Views)

Simple solution - delete iPad SKYPE app and reload iPhone SKYPE app !!
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
Deewee
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 18
Message 6 of 20 (55,793 Views)

I downloaded 2 skype ipad apps. How do i delete 1 of them?
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
Roxy9829
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 20 (55,221 Views)

How do I do that?
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
Plangenb
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 20 (48,194 Views)

I just got the fix from posters on the Apple forums.  My mic hadn't been working for 2 months.  The problem isn't skype, or Facetime, it's the mic.  Vacuum the mic opening using the crevice tool on your vacuum cleaner, getting as tight a suction as possible, using fingers to block spaces if necessary.  You may have to hold it there as long as 30 seconds, but it worked for me in no more than 5 seconds of vacuuming.  On the iPad 2, the mic opening is a tiny slot on the very edge of the iPad case, near the camera.  Not easy to find, but once found, easily fixed! 

0 Kudos
beachmusic
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 20 (47,636 Views)

Hold your vacuum cleaner nozzle over the microphone blocking the spare space with your hand to get maximum suction. The microphone is a tiny hole on the side opposite the on off button. I was going spare and tried this and it works instantly! The hole gets blocked, hence no sound.

emiromolina wrote:
I have installed Skype on my iPad (1) device. First two calls great but now my mic doesnt work anymore (i can hear them but the don't hear me). test call does not record my voice. Please help
Hold your vacuum cleaner nozzle over the microphone blocking the spare space with your hand to get maximum suction. The microphone is a tiny hole on the side opposite the on off button. I was going spare and tried this and it works instantly! The hole gets blocked, hence no sound.

Posted from Apple iPad
Perdita2008
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 20 (42,707 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling