iPad can't HEAR and the volume button doesn't seem...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

iPad can't HEAR and the volume button doesn't seem to work

I travel for work a lot and have a young family at home. I bought an iPad and installed Skype and also bought a new computer with camera et al for home. Our calls work---we can see each other, and my family at home can hear me, but I cannot hear them on my iPad. I'm wondering if it is because my volume is at zero. Whenever I hit the volume button at the bottom of my screen, nothing happens: there's no thermometer. What should I do?
0 Kudos
User123
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 8 (14,398 Views)

Re: iPad can't HEAR and the volume button doesn't seem to work

Ensure your iPad volume is set to maximum and the speaker at the bottom of the Skype screen is on ( not on Bluetooth). Tell your family to set the computer microphone "ON" and maximum ( through instant message).
0 Kudos
kwinghui
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 260
Message 2 of 8 (14,392 Views)

I have a similar issue, im using a PC and my mum is using an IPad. On a video call, I can see and hear her, but she can only see me - she cant hear me. She can hear the IPad ring, so some sound is working, just not my voice......? Any help would be greatly appreciated :happy: 

0 Kudos
brittski
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 8 (14,383 Views)

Do you use the microphone of the webcam or the headset ? On the setting of the Skype choose the right source of your microphone.
0 Kudos
kwinghui
Esteemed Adventurer
Message 4 of 8 (14,376 Views)

built in laptop mic and camera - using skype with others everything works ok, just when trying to use the IPad

0 Kudos
brittski
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 8 (14,359 Views)

Ipad2 also has built in microphone and camera and speaker, so the problem is the setting. Ensure the volume of the ipad2 is set to maximum and at the bottom of the SKYPE screen speaker next to the red telephone is chosen.
0 Kudos
kwinghui
Esteemed Adventurer
Message 6 of 8 (14,338 Views)

Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
Laura30
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 8 (14,316 Views)

ipad volume unable to increase

0 Kudos
43angela
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 8 (11,298 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling