iPad 2 - Skype - two way video calls not working

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: iPad 2 - Skype - two way video calls not working

Where is the answer to this problem????
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Jimwelch1940
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 11 of 86 (32,774 Views)

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear that so many of you have iPad video problems. 

This has been raised with our development team with the highest priority. Unfortunately there is currently no workaround and no solution available. Please follow our blog http://blogs.skype.com to be informed about new Skype versions and features. 

Please accept my deepest apologies regarding this video problem. 

-----
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
Mart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 213
Message 12 of 86 (32,767 Views)

Has this video issue with the ipad 2 been resolved yet?  I am still unable to see my contact but my contact can see me.  Any info from Skype would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
j1boogie
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 13 of 86 (32,567 Views)

The video at my end is not working at all. I can see my contact. Only the voice call works at the test as well.
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
Constantina
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 14 of 86 (32,531 Views)

I am having problems seeing incoming video when trying to attempt a video to video chat. The other party can see me but on my end it states initiating video. I have created a test account and that shows same when mirroring. I am using Skype for iPad with current update. You stated that there is no solution a month ago, but the development came out with a update recently that didn't even address this problem!?!? It appears that some people are having problems with video and others are not. How is that possible when it's the same Skype for IPad program?
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Crumblaw
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 15 of 86 (32,406 Views)

I am also having this problem (my contact sees me, but I just get an "initializing video" message). I had this issue a few months ago, and updated skype, and it still doesn't work. Tested my contact's video with another person, and it's working fine - just the iPad 2 is having this issue. Skype really needs to fix this problem!
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Jwc95
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 16 of 86 (32,255 Views)

I'm having the same issue. I can see myself in the video, here the other person talking, but can't see them and they can't see me. Skype...this is a big problem!! Please address ASAP. Thank you!
Please use plain text.
tgatorw
Novel Adventurer
Message 17 of 86 (32,146 Views)

oops...I meant "HEAR"....
0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
tgatorw
Novel Adventurer
Message 18 of 86 (32,146 Views)

Me too.

Video called a couple of times - worked fine. Now - nothing. Can hear but no video.

Is anyone doing anything to rectify???

0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
imthephantom
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 19 of 86 (32,090 Views)

I bought my 84 year old mother an iPad2 specifically so she could videochat with children and grandchildren using Skype. As with others on this list, she can send video but she can't receive. The screen wrongly reads "initiating video" but nothing happens. Other devices, both computers and iPhones, work fine. It is way past time for Skype to fix this, and to stop advertising an iPad2 product that is defective.

Please use plain text.
donlfrank1
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 20 of 86 (32,051 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling