how to delete recent calls or recent chat or chat ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: how to delete recent calls or recent chat or chat history ????????????

when will be future???? that's incredible, I will delete this app
cyberway
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 31 of 37 (18,970 Views)

I think some steps are omitted in earlier replies! To delete a recent chat in iPad go to the list under RECENT. Select (touch) the item to be deleted and swipe to the right. A red DELETE appears to the right of the selected item. Touch this DELETE. The item is moved to HISTORY. Now touch HISTORY. A list appears that will now include the item deleted from RECENT along with a NO ENTRY sign on the left side of the item to be deleted. Touch EDIT on top right side. All the items now change to GO sign. Touch the item to be deleted. The desired item is deleted. A bit convoluted procedure- but one gets used to it after a while.
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
Battikappy
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 32 of 37 (18,812 Views)

As I mention previously, it is not real delete. When you choose a contact,touch CHAT,the previous chat content can be download again as you scroll down the screen.
0 Kudos
kwinghui
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 260
Message 33 of 37 (18,806 Views)

i'm with you that i have the same delete then all back again. ive even unistalled and installed agin and still the problem is there all of the chat history none of the delete buttons work!!!

0 Kudos
akliermann
Novel Adventurer
Message 34 of 37 (18,789 Views)

i do all that and still history has not been deleted

0 Kudos
akliermann
Novel Adventurer
Message 35 of 37 (18,788 Views)

Hello, I also have same problem, I really need to delete my history and nothig can be done. Skype: you have the responsability to answer this matter!!! Why skype is ignoring our request?
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
Chacostatos
Novel Tourist
Message 36 of 37 (18,187 Views)

Please update to today's 3.6 release from the App Store which fixes the returning deleted conversations.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 12566
Message 37 of 37 (18,111 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling