group conference call

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

group conference call

Is it still true that conference or group calls are only supported using the Skype desktop/laptop application, and not the mobile (iPhone/iPad/Android) version?  An iPad may be able to participate in a conference/group call as an individual unit, but can not initiate/host the group call?

0 Kudos
cljohns5
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (41,911 Views)

Re: group conference call

im now in a group call on my iPhone. but i coudnt initiate the call but someone from the desktop client initiated but we could have a very good quality call (3 calls)

0 Kudos
rizanmsm
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 9 (41,867 Views)

While in conference call on iPad, how can I see list of participants? It seems that the list only appears after the call ends!
0 Kudos
Goldgabe
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 9 (41,859 Views)

I have been using Skype on my iPad to call into a meeting. Suddenly I can't sign into the conference. When I enter the pin it keeps telling me the pin is unrecognized. I can call into it on my cell not using Skype but I can't call in using Skype any more. Why??
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
MrsA
Casual Tourist
Message 4 of 9 (41,850 Views)

Hi, 

To answer the first question in this topic. Indeed it is not possible to host a group audio call from an ipad.

-----
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
Mart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 211
Message 5 of 9 (41,844 Views)

Well it ought to be. My iPhone/iPad have much better auido quality than my laptop with Skyope and a decent mic/earpiece, I really wish the conf facility were available for IOS.

thamesway
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 9 (40,097 Views)

Your answer helpfully confirmed that this kind of functionality in the mobile application isn't available. The following question from me is that will skype mobile applications support call group functionality in the near future?

0 Kudos
piksu
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 9 (24,591 Views)

This is the reason why I've switched to google hangout. You can make group video calls for free and from your phone or iPad, etc.

0 Kudos
Ilovegoogle
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 9 (21,180 Views)

In answer to your question that you used way to see your callers is to look at the top of the screen as soon as you enter the call
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Kudos
Techgeek124
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 9 (20,699 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling