Why can't we start group chats on iphone?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Why can't we start group chats on iphone?

Why can't we start a group chat on iphone and is there any fix coming to this soon?

0 Kudos
lady-hardcore
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (22,740 Views)

Re: Why can't we start group chats on iphone?

You're just unable to begin a group chat. Don't know why. Yet you can be in conference calls or group chats, maybe there won't be video. That's pretty much it.

Not sure about an update coming out for The ability to make a group chat or conference call. Hopefully it comes out in an update in the near future.
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
LoneSoul
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 2 of 6 (22,727 Views)

This is rediculous. I don't even have a computer at the moment because I am moving and just don't care to set it up. Plus my laptop broke. So please Skype make an update so I can start group chats on my iPad/iphone/iPod.
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Kudos
Bdub753
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 6 (22,220 Views)

We are not able to make group chats on i products , therefore, you will need a laptop, to do this on a laptop just click create a group and drag your members to the group:happy:
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
0 Kudos
Leopard12
Casual Tourist
Message 4 of 6 (19,195 Views)

Hello,

What features does Skype for iPhone and iPod touch support?

What features does Skype for iPad support?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my answer was useful, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help others, thank you :happy:

Si ma réponse vous a aidé merci de cliquer sur "Accepter comme solution"

Cela pourra surement aider d'autres personnes qui ont le même problème :wink:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Laurent95
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 514
Message 5 of 6 (19,150 Views)

Does somebody know if this is already possible? I would really like to start group conversations from the iphone :happy:

0 Kudos
numb69
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 6 (9,021 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling