Using ipod touch - cannot see caller, they can see...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Using ipod touch - cannot see caller, they can see me

No problem on my PC running windows 7.  Issue is on my ipod (brand new not sure what version).  The caller can see me, I cannot see them.  I see what THEY see which is ME over my full screen!  This happens with all contacts, not only one.  It happens with callers on Android phones as well as iphones as well as callers using a PC.  I've read many posts to try and find an answer but I don't see where this issue has been resolved.  Thanks for your help.  By the way, Skype version is 3.6.218 (I assume the latest as I just added the app last week).

0 Kudos
lisab
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (3,995 Views)

Re: Using ipod touch - cannot see caller, they can see me

Hi.

This may sound like a stupid suggestion but here goes anyway:

Has the person you are calling activated his or her camera? Just because you are initiating a video call, does not mean that the cameras on both units are automatically activated as the other person picks up the call. He or she needs to manually turn on his or her camera, using the camera icon in Skype for iOS, Android, PC or Mac.

The reason for this setup is that it is entirely possible that the person you are calling does not want to have a video conversation because he or she might not look their best when the call is coming. Therefore the default is set up so that when you receive a video call, you will have to manually turn on your camera in Skype.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
nik_dc
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 49
Message 2 of 5 (3,831 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion however, yes, other caller has video turned on.  And I can see them on my PC (I tested this once when I could not see caller on my ipod.  I called them back from PC and all was ok.).  Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
lisab
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (3,808 Views)

Dear lisab,

Have you found a way to solve this problem? I have exactly the same one, though calling from an iPhone 4.

Thanks,

nbliora

0 Kudos
nbliora
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 5 (3,709 Views)

its not possible on the ipod or andriod phones, i looked it up & read a lot of stuff. it all said the same thing, that skype doesnt support that, or not made it, so you can see the other person on those devices.

0 Kudos
maryelizabeth
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 5 (3,284 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling