Unable to see voicemail on my iPhone4s while China

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Unable to see voicemail on my iPhone4s while China

Hi,

I have purchased a US number wanting my US friends to leave me voicemails while I travel in China. While in the US, I can see the voicemail and listen to the voicemail on the iPhone skype app. However, when I was in China, I only see missed calls, and no voicemail. I know there is an voicemail due to the email alert I get and confirmed it with the person who sent it. My iPhone was on WiFi while in China, but I cannot get voicemails. It only sees the voicemail and let me listens to them when I am back in the US and turned on my phone at the airport. How can I make sure I can listen to voicemails while traveling to China. This was an unplesant gotcha using skype.

And I tried going to www.skype.com in China. It keeps redirecting to tom.skype. I can't access US version nor download US skype client to see if I can get voicemail the other way. Needless to say, skype didn't do what I wanted.

Any solutions I can try while in China? I don't want to find out the problems again while abroad.

Thanks,

Tom

ngb
ngb
Novel Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

no choice here but to use a vpn, or get someone in another country to log in for you.

View solution in original post
0 Kudos
tomhsu886
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (639 Views)

Re: Unable to see voicemail on my iPhone4s while China

no choice here but to use a vpn, or get someone in another country to log in for you.
0 Kudos
ngb
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 3 (602 Views)

Re: Unable to see voicemail on my iPhone4s while China

Thx for the information.

0 Kudos
tomhsu886
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 3 (585 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling