Unable to log into Skype with Microsoft Account

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Unable to log into Skype with Microsoft Account

Hi,

I've experienced two problems with the Skype app for iPhone so far, and a third with the Skype website itself. 

1) I was unable to create a Skype account using the Skype app in my iPhone 5 because there isn't a signup option anywhere within the app. 

2) I can't sign in using my Microsoft Account ID using the app. It insists that I use my Skype userid, which leads to the third problem.

3) I am unable to create a password for my Skype account because the site insists I use my Windows account to log in. The option to reset my Skype "password" did not work--Skype sent some code to my email which unfortunately did not work.

Issue #1 isn't a big deal because users can easily overcome it by using the website but I would greatly appreciate help with either issues #2 or #3. Thanks!

Terra22
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 7 (5,609 Views)

Re: Unable to log into Skype with Microsoft Account

Skype doesn't even give me an option to sign in with my Microsoft account. Sounds like they haven't figured how to properly migrate from Messenger to Skype yet.
0 Kudos
pzh19z
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 7 (5,377 Views)

Just discovered that even though Skype said I had the latest version it wasn't. I had uninstall and then download version 6. Now I can properly sign in.
0 Kudos
pzh19z
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 7 (5,375 Views)

Same here.. I created a new account using the microsoft ID, but I can only login on my PC. Iphone, Ipad, and even this "support network" wont recognice the new ID starting with 'live:'

Seems like its still only available for PC as it is in BETA. But that did not show when I created the account.

Can anybody from skype inform us when this will be activated??

Thanks!

xdmodo
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 7 (5,299 Views)

Any news?

Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
xdmodo
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 7 (5,042 Views)

[ Edited ]

Same problem here: Topic

iPhone4 latest IOS

0 Kudos
Anneke-Anna
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 7 (4,949 Views)

Has there been any update to a way around this issue? i have just purchased my iphone 5 and still cant get into skype through my microsoft details on my phone... very frustrating!!!
I also have the support network issue and the issue with the change password code not working.... have either of these issues been fixed either?
0 Kudos
NatashaGINGE
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 7 (3,884 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling