Tryin to send messages to a contact, but the messa...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Tryin to send messages to a contact, but the message says Pending

I have been trying to send my friends messages but once I hit "enter", the message says "Pending" and never gets through to my friend. Please help me?
Kadri
Staff Moderator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Does that happen with one of your contacts only? Is the contact Online? The Messages will only be delivered when the receiver is also online.

Previously the messages showed the time of sent right after you tapped 'Send', however, this didn't mean they were received by the other side. Now the messages show as pending until the other party has actually received them.

View solution in original post
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
0 Kudos
Jo17
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 17 (26,572 Views)

Re: Tryin to send messages to a contact, but the message says Pending

[ Edited ]

Does that happen with one of your contacts only? Is the contact Online? The Messages will only be delivered when the receiver is also online.

Previously the messages showed the time of sent right after you tapped 'Send', however, this didn't mean they were received by the other side. Now the messages show as pending until the other party has actually received them.

Kadri
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 228
Message 2 of 17 (26,544 Views)

I am having the same problem in a group chat context - 121 works fine but as soon as I go into a group chat my messages just say pending and never get sent - this has only happened during the last 24 hrs before then it worked fine? Any suggestions please. If you can get this to work you will get 100,000's new customers from Facebook who have dumped group chat

0 Kudos
tnbmartin
Casual Tourist
Message 3 of 17 (26,519 Views)

It seem at times when I message a friend and send a picture it hangs and does not allow any further messages or files to be transferred or received. We can still use the skype call and that function works but if we message we both experience the hanging and everything we send is pending whether we are online or not.

We have tried deleting each other and re adding and still the same issues..I now have a few messages pending and it is from the last file transfer I sent. She has been online since then but has not received any messaged at all.

please shine some light on this if possible.

thank you

Don

do_bouchard
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 4 of 17 (26,345 Views)

I'm getting the same thing quite frequently with a good number of my contacts...I send messages and it just says 'Pending'.  Occasionally they will go through but I've tried deleting/reinstalling Skype, removing/re-adding contacts (and they too), trying Wifi vs. 3G, etc.  

It seems that the problem only started once Skype started storing the contacts on the servers in this new version, could it be experiencing delays in cross-referencing, thus creating the 'Pending' issue for messages between the two?

Regards,

Douglas

Posted from Apple iPad
redneckinlondon
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 17 (26,294 Views)

I send messages that show they have been read( not saying pending) to a person who is online and they hear that a message has arrived, but they can't see it.

Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
sueaosteo
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 17 (25,800 Views)

i hav the same problem and i can see that im not the only one here with this issue but i dont find any solution here , were are the unswears that make this problem solved ????

0 Kudos
EliosHD
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 17 (24,743 Views)

like the ones before me said why is this happening?
for me it happens only with just one friend  ?
why,why,why?

0 Kudos
tdeboss
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 17 (24,246 Views)

Re: Trying to send messages to a contact, but the message says Pending

Exactly the same problem - and this has only started in the last week or two. Seems to be to one contact that I IM regularly and it is from a PC an ipad and an iphone so is not just one type of OS. The messages are never delivered - I can only now communicate by using e-mail!!! Are there no experts on here to advise - and if SKYPE / Microsoft are monitoring this forum, what are they doing to rectify the situation??????

lebrusq
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 9 of 17 (23,395 Views)

I'm using an iPhone4 to Skype text messages to my husband who works away, even though he has phone signal at his side, my Skype messages always say pending. I find this to be really frustrating as it is so important to keep in contact with my husband. It irritates me that I am paying for each message sent that never gets to him, so I have had to revert to the more costly text messaging from service provider. Instead of getting what Skype promises, good value communication. Really disappointed :sad:
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Kudos
JoJo739
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 17 (23,354 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling