Skype, Apple TV & Mirroring

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Skype, Apple TV & Mirroring

My Apple TV mirroring works fine with everything except Skype. I can see all my contacts on my TV screen, I can even see the call going through but as soon as they answer it drops out. The Skype connection is still ok on my iPad. I've updated all my software but nothing seems to work for me. Ive seen it working fine for other people so I know it's compatible. Any help / advice appreciated!
Posted from Apple iPad
beachboync
Novel Tourist

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

It does the same for me. iPad3 and latest update Apple TV V3.

Mirrors fine up to when the contact accepts the call, then the TV goes back to the Apple TV menu.

BUT if you do this it starts working again. When the call is accepted and the TV goes back to the Apple TV menu, then bring up the mirroring menu on the iPad AGAIN and start mirroring AGAIN. At that point, you will see your contact on the TV.

Not sure what is going on. Obviously Skype does not correctly support the proper video mode for Apple TV full screen, but why does it drop out of mirroring???

Let us know if this fix works for you.

Bob

View solution in original post
0 Kudos
MIchaelDavies
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (7,586 Views)

Re: Skype, Apple TV & Mirroring

It does the same for me. iPad3 and latest update Apple TV V3.

Mirrors fine up to when the contact accepts the call, then the TV goes back to the Apple TV menu.

BUT if you do this it starts working again. When the call is accepted and the TV goes back to the Apple TV menu, then bring up the mirroring menu on the iPad AGAIN and start mirroring AGAIN. At that point, you will see your contact on the TV.

Not sure what is going on. Obviously Skype does not correctly support the proper video mode for Apple TV full screen, but why does it drop out of mirroring???

Let us know if this fix works for you.

Bob

0 Kudos
beachboync
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 3 (7,563 Views)

Re: Skype, Apple TV & Mirroring

Dear BeachBoy, thank you for your reply, I've tried it and it works fine. I'm still hoping thatnSkype will come up with a proper fix but in the meantimen this'll have to do!
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
MIchaelDavies
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 3 (7,557 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling