Same Skype address on computer and iPad

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Same Skype address on computer and iPad

Is it possible to have the same Skype call details (name, Skype address) on both home computer (iMac running Lion) and iPad? (So that people can call me with my Skype name and I can receive on either, and I can use the same monetary credit for outward calls to phones.) I've tried to set this up on my new iPad2, but get "We didn't recognise your Skype Name and password" message each time. Does the iPad have to be a separate account?

Bill Emmett

Mart
Staff Moderator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

Hi, 

Yes, it is possible to use the same Skype account from both your iPad and computer. Please be aware that while doing so, you might experience minor account syncing issues around privacy settings. 

Please make sure that you have typed in your correct password into the iPad and that you are using the same keyboard layout as on your computer. 

View solution in original post
billemmett
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 8 (7,057 Views)

Re: Same Skype address on computer and iPad

Hi, 

Yes, it is possible to use the same Skype account from both your iPad and computer. Please be aware that while doing so, you might experience minor account syncing issues around privacy settings. 

Please make sure that you have typed in your correct password into the iPad and that you are using the same keyboard layout as on your computer. 

-----
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Mart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 208
Message 2 of 8 (7,034 Views)

I replaced my password as suggested but still couldn't get in - same message as before. Deleted Skype from my iPad and re-loaded from App Store and now works fine.

0 Kudos
billemmett
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 8 (6,986 Views)

I have done this several times to no avail. 

I have a PC and and ipad.  Could that be it?  I am certain I am using the correct skype name and password. 

It won't let me set up a second account on the ipad either.

Melinda

0 Kudos
Melinda
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 8 (6,963 Views)

What does one have to do to have a video call between my home PC and my IPAD if I have one account?  Also, how can someone wanting to contact me do so if both my IPAD and home computer are logged into Skype?

rmm7s5004
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 8 (6,371 Views)

I have already installed and use SKYPE on Apple iPad. Now I can't install on the PC, using the same SKYPE name. I can log in on the PC, but it won't let me install SKYPE and keeps asking for a new SKYPE name. Help!
0 Kudos
pmellenp
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 8 (6,040 Views)

What is meant by using the same keyboard in the iMac and iPad?  

0 Kudos
highpockets
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 8 (5,921 Views)

a million thanks for helping me use the same sign in on my iPad  as my computer. Lilian

0 Kudos
woebegone
Tourist
Message 8 of 8 (2,322 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling