SKYPE TO SKYPE

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

SKYPE TO SKYPE

My husband and I both have iPhone 4. He is a cross country truck driver, we try to Skype EACHOTHER since he left but he can't ever connect...help we are kinda CYBERstoppid BUT it's extremely important to us we see EACHOTHER. Btw most areas no wifi available (U.S.)
0 Kudos
cqb671
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (216 Views)

Re: SKYPE TO SKYPE

Hi,

Based on your post I can't say for sure what the problem is so I will have to list a few things in no particular order. When you say that he can not connect, i interpret that as he can not login on Skype, not that he is logged in but can't make a call.

Step one is that you both need to have individual/separate Skype accounts otherwise you would in effect be trying to call yourself and that is not possible.

Second, if he is able to login to Skype on his iPhone, but the calls do not go through, I would advise trying to complete a call over WiFi first. Starbucks and McDonalds as well as tons of other places have free WiFi. I realize that there are plenty of places around the US where these locations are sparse but just to check that the connection actually works.

He should also check his coverage indicator on the iPhone. Skype video calls usually work great over WiFi, work most of the time on good 3G coverage, but might not work well on E (means EDGE and is basically a slower 2.5G standard that AT&T uses in remote areas.

Good luck and if you post more specifics about what works and what doesn't, we'll be able to help you further.

0 Kudos
nik_dc
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 52
Message 2 of 2 (204 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling