Re: SKYPE Ipad Installation Help (Requires CC Info...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

SKYPE Ipad Installation Help (Requires CC Info?)

Hello all.  I am trying to assist my friend remotely in installing SKYPE on her Ipad.  She's not very computer savvy.  She says that SKYPE is asking her to input her Credit Card information to set up a FREE account?  Is this true? I was under the impression that one could set up a free SKYPE account without having to input any CC information.  She doesn't have a credit card so I'm trying to get to the bottom of this.  

I have SKYPE for my android tablet and do not recall having to use my CC information.  

Thanks for your help. 

Posted from Asus Eee Pad TF201
0 Kudos
HELP4IPAD
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (211 Views)

Re: SKYPE Ipad Installation Help (Requires CC Info?)

Help, please.

Thank you.  

0 Kudos
HELP4IPAD
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 6 (175 Views)

She was able to register a 'free' account on the SKYPE website but it saying that when she tries to run the SKYPE App on her Ipad it's requesting her to input a credit card??? 

0 Kudos
HELP4IPAD
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (172 Views)

Thank you for responding.  Yes that's correct.  She claims when she actually tries to run and use the app, that it's mandating that she input a credit card and purchase SKYPE credits or something along those lines... That she cannot proceed to use the app without doing this.  She doesn't have a CC so that's not an option.

Someone on another forum brought to my attention that there is a separate app called SKYPE Wi-Fi and that that app may be the one that requires SKYPE credits to use/operate?  Is it possible that she downloaded the wrong app? If so, does she need to install the regular SKYPE app separately?

Thank you for your continued assistance...

0 Kudos
HELP4IPAD
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 6 (156 Views)

Whoops, I cannot see my username on my replies so I inadvertently just responded to one of my own posts.... That's embarassing LOL.... Well maybe someone will see this and be able to help.

0 Kudos
HELP4IPAD
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (155 Views)

Yes, I'm fairly sure this is the cause, as Skype Wi-Fi requires credit in order to access the Wi-Fis (it's not a skype-app per se). Also - many people, like me, can't even find the iPad app on the appstore currently, so it's most likely pulled away or bugged for iOS 7.0.2.
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
Frodee
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 6 (140 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling