Problem with new Skype upgrade for iPad 2 version ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Problem with new Skype upgrade for iPad 2 version 4.0.1325

Ever since the upgrade to the new version, I have not been able to make a Skype video or voice call on my ipad2 Anyone else having trouble? I am able to send Skype messages.
Posted from Apple iPad
caostebbins
Casual Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Ah-hah. Problem solved at least for me. Maybe others can use this tip as well. I was trying to Skype with someone internationally who had not updated their Skype to the new version. Once she did that, we were able to talk. So if you can't Skype with someone, ask them to check if their Skype version is current, and upgrade as necessary. Hope this helps others who may be having problems connecting.

View solution in original post
caostebbins
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 1 of 50 (25,294 Views)

Re: Problem with new Skype upgrade for iPad 2 version 4.0.1325

I am also having major issues with Skype all of a sudden. Every time I go to make a voice call it will ring once and hang up. I can send instant messages but the rest does not work the way it has. I hoppe that they make a patch for this unless Microsoft wants to make it hard on Mac users.
Posted from Apple iPad
Andreaskotsiani
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 2 of 50 (25,272 Views)

Thank you for your quick reply. I am trying to see if this is an isolated problem or a pervasive one.
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
caostebbins
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 50 (25,269 Views)

Correction. I have been able to successfully Skype domestically, but not internationally. Still looking for solutions.
Posted from Apple iPad
caostebbins
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 50 (25,261 Views)

Ah-hah. Problem solved at least for me. Maybe others can use this tip as well. I was trying to Skype with someone internationally who had not updated their Skype to the new version. Once she did that, we were able to talk. So if you can't Skype with someone, ask them to check if their Skype version is current, and upgrade as necessary. Hope this helps others who may be having problems connecting.
Posted from Apple iPad
caostebbins
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 50 (25,238 Views)

I suddenly have no sound. What is going on? I am calling overseas and get a video but no audio. Cannot even get sound on the Skype trust call. :0(
Posted from Apple iPad
Pmv
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 6 of 50 (25,077 Views)

Skype has the worst customer service model I have ever seen. After 2 months of trying to renew subscriptions, finally It worked. 2 months......and no way to contact anyone at Skype. Now that I have finally been able to get the transaction to go through, and they have sent me confirmation of the PREMIUM service renewal; yup, u probably guessed it, I can't make a call or send a SMS because my subscription EXPIRED (I JUST RENEWED IT) Of course there is no one to communicate with to resolve this matter. The time is long passed for this company to lose its' market positon. Great technology, horrible business practices.
Posted from Apple iPad
ns90120
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 8
Message 7 of 50 (25,038 Views)

I downloaded this app on my iPad 2 a few days after the new release. I had no problems up until about two weeks ago. My daughters father lives in new Mexico and we call him on Skype so that she can talk to him. The last two weeks the app is very "broken". The video freezes, the voice is broken up so it's very hard to understand what he's saying. He has the app on his play station vita and says he can hear and see us perfectly. I am so disappointed with this app....any suggestions???
Posted from Apple iPad
Missytgould
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 8 of 50 (24,708 Views)

I have been Skyping with my London son for a couple of years. After the latesy update for the IPad, we have never had a good connection. The problem usually is that his picture is all pixelated, or else, one of us can't hear the other. Sometimes it is both. What an absolutely worthless update!
Posted from Apple iPad
cjb263
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 9 of 50 (24,661 Views)

How do you upgrade Skype on IPad2?
Posted from Apple iPad
Sandyh639
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 10 of 50 (24,645 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling