No outgoing audio on Skype for iPad 2 -please help...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

No outgoing audio on Skype for iPad 2 -please help!

Hi all, I recently attempted to chat with a friend using the Skype iPad app on my iPad 2 (she has a laptop computer). We could both see each other, but the issue was that I could hear her, but she COULDN'T hear me. We tried multiple times, disconnecting, reconnecting, even rebooting our devices, but she still couldn't hear me (again, I was on my iPad 2 this whole time). Finally, I decided to give it a try on my 4th generation iPod touch. I called her, and again, we could see each other, but she just COULD NOT hear me. It puzzles me why the same thing happened on 2 separate devices. Please help- there's obviously something I'm missing, and I would really appreciate a solution. Thanks so much! John
GelasiMagic
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 1 of 23 (21,866 Views)

Re: No outgoing audio on Skype for iPad 2 -please help!

I am having the same problem on my Ipad2. No outgoing audio . I have incoming auto. It worked both for calls on my phone calls and my video calls. Last week it worked when I was out of the country calling the US.
Lookout
Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 23 (21,852 Views)

Hello, There are no settings on iPad for Skype. However, assuming that your friends volume was not at or near zero, I suggest that: 1) each shutdown and then restart iPad. If problem not resolved, then 2) one at a time you delete Skype completely from the iPad, then reinstall it. Try connecting again with each other. If the issue remains then have the other person delete and reinstall Skype. Try call again. (this last approach will determine if it was one person's microphone or the other's speakers. If problem not resolved, then 3) do a Restore of the iPads with iTunes on the iPad's home omputsr (or one at a time if you really want to determine which iPad was problematic) Cheers, Michael Laurence Guide on the Side 31 Marine View Dr. Collingwood Ontario, Canada L9Y 5A2 +1 705 881 1814 (o) +1 705 888 5346 (m) SKYPE: mikeatport http://www.guideontheside.ca
0 Kudos
Mikeatport
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 23 (21,849 Views)

I am having the same problem. My daughter has a new iPad (3) and I have ipad2. We can see each other and I can hear her but she can't hear me. I have re- installed a number of times with the change. The sound did work previously but not now. As there are no tools settings I'm not sure what else to do
Posted from Apple iPad
Dbucko
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 23 (21,249 Views)

Same problem here. No outgoing audio. Ipad3. "try restoring the iPad"? Yea im going to go through all that trouble. How about Skype fixes this piece of shiz app, thats a better idea.
Posted from Apple iPad
Tjnicholes
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 23 (20,657 Views)

Having same problems ...can't hear
Posted from Apple iPad
mamawtripp
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 23 (20,637 Views)

Yeah, having same problem with iPad 2. Is this an iPad or Skype error? Very frustrating!
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
Hrt111
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 23 (20,581 Views)

I have the same problem on my 1st generation ipad. I have used the sound test robot on the Skype app and my voice sounded fine. My friend cannot hear me, though.
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
SuzieSylvester
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 23 (20,383 Views)

Have had same issue for the past 3 weeks. Make a call from iPad2 and I can hear the other person but they can't hear me or intermittent. "Power Off", turn "On" and make Skype call. I can hear the individual I am calling and they can hear me. Same issue with iPhone. Have "deleted" and reinstalled the Skype App on both countless times. Skype fix this problem!
Posted from Apple iPad
costaricaron1
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 23 (20,358 Views)

Hi everyone, I had the same problem with the iPad 2 but it actually works with headphones!! Try headphones first before restoring or deleting Skype. Good luck!
Posted from Apple iPad
Steph-pecora
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 23 (20,277 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling