Long delay before receiving messages

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Long delay before receiving messages

[ Edited ]

For the skype app on iphone, why dies it take so long to recieve messages? I had a friend say happy birthday to me on my birthday and i didnt recieve the message til 4 days after they sent it. I was online at the same time and everything. Why dies it take so long?

0 Kudos
Fliiikidd914
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (503 Views)

Re: Skype App

That could've been some kind of glitch, but the important thing to remember is at this time Skype doesn't have offline message delivery.  That means you and the person sending you an IM have to both be online at the same time.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
0 Kudos
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 861
Message 2 of 2 (494 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling