Re: Iphone skype: call is "declined" after one ri...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Iphone skype: call is "declined" after one ring

I'm new to the forum but hope someone can help.  When my iphone video-calls another skype user, that person's phone will ring one time.  My phone will hear one ring, the ringing stops, and the phone then displays "declined"  on its screen even though the person I am trying to video-call didn't do anything but look at the phone and is NOT on another call.  However, skype users can video-call me and the connection gets made without any problem.  Does anyone have a fix for this?  Thanks for any help.

snowbelt
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 1 of 17 (19,798 Views)

Re: Iphone skype: call is "declined" after one ring

Somewhat similar issue here...

Both phones running iOS 5.0.1, on same wifi network, running skype app version 3.6.1

iphone4 (with skype app open) calling iphone4s (without skype app open)- video call goes through fine

iPhone 4S (with skype app open) calling iPhone4 (without skype app open) - video call immediately gets declined after 1 ring

If we have the skype app open, it works flawlessly..

*head scratch*

0 Kudos
clappah
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 17 (19,621 Views)

Ditto from me: declines after one ring. I cant find the settings to change it...

RachelK
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 17 (19,590 Views)

Same or similar issue for me. If I initate a call from my iphone 4S to another skype user, all is well. If that same user tries to call me -  video or otherwise, the call is ended after one ring. 

akaJimbo
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 4 of 17 (19,555 Views)

Argh I am having the same problem with Iphone 4 (not a 4S). I can call my mother from my IPhone BUT when she tries to call me then it rings ONCE and immediately disconnects even though I am trying to answer it as a video call. Please help!

0 Kudos
pbanerje
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 17 (19,538 Views)

I have the same problem calling from an Iphone 4s to an Iphon 3Gs the 3G drops the call after one ring. Calling from 3Gs to 4S works fine.

0 Kudos
martin_brolin
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 17 (19,511 Views)

All what it's needed is to power cycle (0ff/on) the iphone and it should work.
aalfarra
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 7 of 17 (19,485 Views)

I have an issue with my iPod, the one with the camera, I believe it's the 4th generation. So whenever someone calls me and I pick up, it says ended.
I don't know if it's my wifi doing it or if my device is just being a mad woman.
I need help!
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
0 Kudos
sinner4ndsaint
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 17 (19,427 Views)

This worked for me. Sometimes we try and be a little to complicated. A reboot is always recommended Cheers
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
Busabasher
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 9 of 17 (19,387 Views)

didi you find a solution? I have same problem
0 Kudos
mrclix1
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 17 (17,655 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling