Ipad2 does not ring at all

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Ipad2 does not ring at all

Hi...I am using the new Skype Ipad app, for the Ipad2. Skype does not ring at all.
Neither when I receive a new chat or when somebody called. It does not matter if the
Ipad is on sleep or not. It does not make any noise.....how do you use this app?
Sitting next to it and starring at the screen to eventually recognize that someone
called? I don't get it.....Thanks for he!!!!!
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
BEckert46
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 20 (21,892 Views)

Re: Ipad2 does not ring at all

From the Settings App, try checking the Skype settings.  Once you are there, touch the "Notifications" button and it will display on-off buttons for Sounds and Alerts.  If they are off, turn them on.

0 Kudos
dbrewer333
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 20 (21,884 Views)

Thanks for the answer..but both buttons are turned on. Is there a setting inside the app itself Iam missing? Does your Ipad ring when receiving a call?
Posted from Apple iPad
BEckert46
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 20 (21,881 Views)

Yes, I am getting rings when someone calls.  Not sure what else might be the problem there with your installation.  So far, that's all I know that might affect the ringing in Skype.  I know that the iPad 2 has some wierd behavior with the mute switch so that even if you turn up the volume, if the mute switch is set you still won't get rings.

dbrewer333
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 20 (21,876 Views)

Okay I changed something in the general settings for the Ipad regarding the
Ringtones. Now i need to be patient and wait that someone will call :happy:) Thanks
so much for your help anyway......
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
BEckert46
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 20 (21,871 Views)

I am thinking of buying an ipad2.  Please tell me, does it ring even while in sleep mode?  Or, only when fully on?

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
pmoen
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 20 (21,779 Views)

you might have mute on. It only affects alerts and system sounds.

If you has the switch above the volume buttons set to Mute, check that. If it is set to orientation lock, double tap to get the Multitask bar, swipe from left to right, and check the mute button there.

This tip helped me

stasiulo
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 20 (21,682 Views)

did you figure something out for this?   Mine doesn't work either.

Boo Hoo. 

0 Kudos
extrapros
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 20 (21,131 Views)

I had the exact same problem but I think I have found the solution. 

Goto your ipad settings, Settings>Notifications

Make sure you have "Skype" under In notification Center. If it shows up under the "Not In Notification center", Simply click on the "Skype" icon, and turn on the "Notification Center". I chose alert style of "Alerts" Also make sure that you have "Sounds" turned on. That's it and Now it rings when someone calls me on skype on ipad!

Enjoy!

manijshrestha
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 20 (20,681 Views)

Brilliant.....now Skype is ringing on my iPad! ..... Yes was not in notification centre.... Thanks mate
0 Kudos
Daisydef
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 20 (19,941 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling