Re: International calling/Skype from Ipad via Wifi...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

International calling/Skype from Ipad via Wifi back to the US.

I plan to take my IPad with me to France and want to be able to either video Skype or place a call to a telephone back in the USA from France.  Is there a charge and how do I find out

1.  how much it costs and 2.  do I just place the call as though I was back home in the US placing the call (with the extra country code of course)?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
acostacarpenter
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (1,906 Views)

Re: International calling/Skype from Ipad via Wifi back to the US.

Hey,

Skype to Skype calls are free no matter where you are calling from.

If you want to call landlines or mobiles from Skype you need whether Skype Credit or a subscription.

You can have a look at the available subscriptions on the following page:
http://www.skype.com/intl/en/prices/pay-monthly

Just enter the country you want to call to, and you should get a list of available subscriptions.

When calling with Skype you always need to enter the country code in front of the number (+1 for US).
0 Kudos
Kadri
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 228
Message 2 of 3 (1,875 Views)

Re: International calling/Skype from Ipad via Wifi back to the US.

This does not work with the iPad.

I am trying to call a # in Ireland (& yes, i have a skype,subscription& available credit). And, yes, i have removed the 1 that skype automatically puts as the 1st #

I have tried:

1) Starting the # with the Ireland country code (356) (Gets "isnt valid skype name or phone #")

2) Starting the # with the "011" used for international dialing, followed by the full Irish # (Gets "isnt valid skype name or phone #")

3) held down the "0" on the skype keypad to put a plus ("+") at the start of the full Irish # (Gets "isnt valid skype name or phone #")

4) Changed my profile to Ireland & dialed the # as one would in Ireland. (Gets "isnt valid skype name or phone #")
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
Harolde
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (1,095 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling