I cant hear "ringing" when calling, and cannot hea...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

I cant hear "ringing" when calling, and cannot hear to the other person

Last week, Skype worked out perfectly. This week, every call I made, 2 things happen:

1) It rings once then I cant hear anything. The other end of the call answers the phone, the rate is deducted from my balance and I cant hear the person Im calling.

2) No ringing heard when calling, nor hearing the other person.

This had cost me more than 4$, they answer and I cant talk to them.

This happens on my Iphone and Mac

So what do you think is the problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
supernovia
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (1,585 Views)

Re: I cant hear "ringing" when calling, and cannot hear to the other person

I have been having the exact same problem. It's been going on for about a month now. I have tried deleting and re-installing the app and it's still not working. I keep having to use my husbands phone (it is still working on his) to make calls.

I would love to hear whether anyone has a solution to this.
0 Kudos
rudi
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 7 (1,492 Views)

Im Having the same problem.... I can hear music any videos, but when calling someone, I cant hear it ring or anything.... I need help!
0 Kudos
diegomunoz001
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 7 (1,328 Views)

Same problem here. It's highly annoying to make a call and not be able to hear when they answer. Must be annoying for the other side too! Kind of makes it pointless to pay for Skype (like I have) if it's not reliable enough to use.
0 Kudos
mstickle01
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 7 (1,292 Views)

ok after spending hours of my life Skype finally responded to me. Although you cant hear the ringing just wait until you see that it connects. Then you can turn your volume up on your Iphone. it works fine now.

0 Kudos
treybee
Casual Tourist
Message 5 of 7 (1,097 Views)

SOMETIMES I CAN'T HEAR THE OTHER PERSON AND SOME TIMES WE CANNOT HEAR EACH OTHERNESS'S

supernovia wrote:

Last week, Skype worked out perfectly. This week, every call I made, 2 things happen:

1) It rings once then I cant hear anything. The other end of the call answers the phone, the rate is deducted from my balance and I cant hear the person Im calling.

2) No ringing heard when calling, nor hearing the other person.

This had cost me more than 4$, they answer and I cant talk to them.

This happens on my Iphone and Mac

So what do you think is the problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
juanitoaa
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 7 (986 Views)

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM! WHEN I USE THE TEST CALL,EVERYTHING WORKS FINE! ICANT CONNECT WITH ANY CONTACTS THOUGH! HELP!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
mileskohn
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 7 (768 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling