How to install Skype on iPhone

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

How to install Skype on iPhone

I just bought a new iPhone.  I went to the "App Store", signed in and installed skype.  My question is how to I start Skype?  I was expecting a Skype icon to appear on the iPhone.  There is no icon that I can find.  When I go back to the "App Store" it says that Skype is already installed.  So, it must be on my iPhone but don't know how to access it.

Wes
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 7 (6,529 Views)

Re: How to install Skype on iPhone

There should be a Skype icon installed.  Are you sure it's not as simple as you're not swiping the screen to the left to see icons that have been installed on the next page?

Here's what the icon looks like on my wife's iPhone 3GS:

iphone.jpg

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
0 Kudos
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 862
Message 2 of 7 (6,526 Views)

I'm pretty sure that I have only one screen.  I've tried swiping but I can only swipe to the search function.  If I swipe in the other direction there is no other screen or area with icons.

Wes
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 7 (6,524 Views)

[ Edited ]

Maybe the easiest thing to do, if you're new to the iPhone, is to drop back in to the Apple Store and ask someone at the Genius Bar where the Skype icon is hiding?  :happy:

edit:  I did get in touch with a friend who has Skype installed on his iPhone 4.  He has the same icon as my wife has on her 3GS, except he's created a "Communications" folder and the Skype icon is inside that folder.  FWIW.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 862
Message 4 of 7 (6,521 Views)

You can search for your apps on your search page hit the home(round) button 1 time that takes you to your home page (your first page) hit it again ... This is your search page type in skype enter this will find your app of you installed it
Posted from Apple iPhone
isagatious01
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 7 (6,502 Views)

I saw the same issue. But rebooting took care of the problem.

0 Kudos
ValOf
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 7 (1,593 Views)

Just Reboot your phone and the Icon will appear.

0 Kudos
nmd
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 7 (1,442 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling