How much does it cost to receive calls

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

How much does it cost to receive calls

Just received a call from my boyfriend using Skype in China. I am in the UK. I only had 3G signal, not wifi on my I Phone.

How much does it cost me to receive this call? Either in monetry value, or megabytes?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
jennysullivanor
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (3,831 Views)

Re: How much does it cost to receive calls

jennysullivanor wrote:

Just received a call from my boyfriend using Skype in China. I am in the UK. I only had 3G signal, not wifi on my I Phone.

How much does it cost me to receive this call? Either in monetry value, or megabytes?

You would have to check with your mobile carrier regarding how much data was used, and how much that would cost (if it is not covered under some sort of plan with your mobile phone).  The mobile carrier should be able to see how much data you used around that time, and tell you how much that will cost you.  Depending on the carrier, there may be a web site you can log into and get that information for yourself, saving you the need for calling the carrier's customer service line.

---
Patrick

Location/Ubicacion: Arizona USA
Time Zone/Hora Local: UTC/GMT -7

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

I am not a Skype employee. No soy un empleado de Skype.
Please use plain text.
wd9ewk
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 668
Message 2 of 5 (3,815 Views)

Hi, Im the same person...

I did check with my phone provider and they said to contact you.

How can I tell when i get a Skype call? it comes as blocked... how can you call me from a blocked number without telling me how much it will cost?

Surely that is not fair??

0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
jennysullivanor
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 5 (3,811 Views)

jennysullivanor wrote:

Hi, Im the same person...

I did check with my phone provider and they said to contact you.

How can I tell when i get a Skype call? it comes as blocked... how can you call me from a blocked number without telling me how much it will cost?

Surely that is not fair??

If you are being charged by your mobile carrier, this is something they have to address. Skype has no control over what the carrier charges you.

Skype users can choose to set a "Caller ID" number that appears on the phones they call, which would either be a mobile number or one of Skype's own Online Numbers.  If the Skype users have not configured a Caller ID number, and they have made some provision to pay for the calls to telephones (paying per call with Skype Credit, or with a monthly/yearly subscription), they can call phones without having a Caller ID number appear on your phone.  This would be the same as a landline or mobile phone user choosing to block their Caller ID information from going out with their calls. 

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

---
Patrick

Location/Ubicacion: Arizona USA
Time Zone/Hora Local: UTC/GMT -7

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

I am not a Skype employee. No soy un empleado de Skype.
0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
wd9ewk
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 668
Message 4 of 5 (3,807 Views)

if your friend is call ing your cell number, you would only be charged by the cell company for the minutes you use as per you plan. skype wouldn't charge you anything for this call.

if it is a skype to skype call you would be charged for your data usage again by you cell carrier, no charge from skype. i've read that a 5 min call uses about 3.3mb of data for voice only. thats not much at all.

0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
robheber
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 5 (3,773 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling