Re: How do i delete on conversation history on my ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

How do i delete on conversation history on my ipad

all of my conversation stay under my chat box, how do i delete them from my ipad
Posted from Apple iPad
Claudius
Community Manager

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Let me summarize the discussion in this topic so we can close this topic:

To delete the local (!) chat history in a conversation do the following:

1. Open the "Recent" tab (iPhone & iPod) / sidebar (iPad).
  2. Tap the "Edit" button
  3. You will see a red remove icon next to each conversation. Tap it to remove.

NB: This will only delete the local chat history. If you log in to Skype from a different device the chat content will be synced there. This is how Skype chat sync is designed currently.

View solution in original post
Anneteholguin
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 39 (125,314 Views)

Re: How do i delete on conversation history on my ipad

Some expert said "we have to wait for few more months as they will add this function later":sad:

pcc2007
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 39 (125,269 Views)

Same problem!. Can't delete recent conversations, can't delete history. History has an edit/delete option but next time you sign on again everything is there. They bring on new things and complicate others. Lets hope they an sort it out soon. Cheers!
Chamon
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 39 (125,257 Views)

It's very tedious isn't it. It is a free app though. So when you really need to delete the evidence, just delete the app then reload it. That gets rid of the history.
Philjcoates
Casual Tourist
Message 4 of 39 (125,116 Views)

I wish I knew how. I took Skype off iPad and reloaded it but the next time I used Skype on my computer the chat was on my iPad. It's a real invasion and a pain
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
ellend54
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 39 (124,333 Views)

I just figured this out for myself after searching for the answer. U have to turn ur ipad landscape and by ur profile pic it says "edit". Click that and the delete icon will show up next to the all the different chats in the left column. Just hit that delete icon and its gone :happy:
Posted from Apple iPad
Megan_harriman
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 23
Message 6 of 39 (123,706 Views)

I want to delete old all conversation from iPad history
Posted from Apple iPad
Kiranandsurekha
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 7 of 39 (122,977 Views)

After u follow Megans instructions u can slide ur finger on to the conversation and the delete option shows up
Posted from Samsung SGH-T989D
lboranova
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 39 (121,340 Views)

Same I need it deleted. Since No solutions are made, i deleted Skype from my Ipad!
0 Kudos
Kennyt12345
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 9 of 39 (120,517 Views)

You didn't have to. Go to the top of the page and go to tools. Once you get there, click on the privacy button. Then go to the right and click on the more options button. Clear history should be right next to it. So if you don't want any history there to to be saved at all yu can adjust the settings. You can figure it out yourself once you get there
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
Nyla1234567890
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 10 of 39 (119,721 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling