How can i delete chat history ?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

How can i delete chat history ?

last night I talk to a guy and we chat but I want to delete the chat, what code or something I can do to delete chat history but not delete the contact?
Claudius
Community Manager

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Please update to today's 3.6 release from the App Store which fixes the returning deleted conversations.

View solution in original post
Posted from Apple iPad
Leaamerasian
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 16 (159,845 Views)

Re: How can i delete chat history ?

Hi, 

To delete the chat history just swipe over the entry in the sidebar on the left and tap "Clear" - then go into the History and swipe over the same entry once again and tap "Delete". This will remove the chat history but won't remove the contact.

-----

If you found my post helpful, please give "Kudos". If my post solved the issue, please mark it as a solution.

Click here to find out how to contact Customer Service directly
sirel
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 42
Message 2 of 16 (159,772 Views)

@sirel: Hi there, I just dont get it. The same question popped up already many times and the one and only answer from you skype-guys is WRONG. What you say applies JUST for the current online session. In the second you log out and log in again, all your shiny history is back. Regardless how or where you deleted it.... At least the Skype-Guys should know about it... There are already posts regarding the issue. Cheers

Filli10
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 3 of 16 (159,762 Views)

Indeed, if you quit the Skype client, the history is resynced to the iPad on next start.

I will certainly forward the feedback to the Skype for iPad development team :happy:.

-----

If you found my post helpful, please give "Kudos". If my post solved the issue, please mark it as a solution.

Click here to find out how to contact Customer Service directly
0 Kudos
sirel
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 42
Message 4 of 16 (159,751 Views)

@Sirel: thanks a lot for picking up this one. It is really annoying as we use Skype in business and th number of useless chats is just way to high and I cannot get it out of the way :wink:. Thanks
Posted from Apple iPad
Filli10
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 5 of 16 (159,745 Views)

@sirel - is there an update to this issue, I see that you are still unable to permanently delete the chat history on the IPAD.

maggiehillmer
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 16 (159,666 Views)

Re: How can I delete chat history ?

This is really annoying. When will this be fixed? Any word from the development team yet?

robin1426
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 16 (159,646 Views)

I guess that u can't because it is not saved on the iPad but on skype's server. Open Skype from another location, per example fro your iphone, and you will get the chats you had on your iPad. I think that the only way is to delete the log from a computer.
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
Juancarletes
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 16 (159,404 Views)

Re: How can I delete chat history ?

Yep... I'm having the same problem.  SERIOUS privacy issue for me.  I even deleted the contact to try to delete the chat.  The chat is STILL in the sidebar, even after logging out and logging back in, even though the contact appears to be gone.  Can't have this, frankly. 

Anon1111
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 9 of 16 (159,395 Views)

And where are the already posted posts about the issue.. Cause I haven't seen an answer here
Animoc33
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 10 of 16 (158,909 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling