How 2 add contacts

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

How 2 add contacts

Just installed Skype 2 iPad. Loged in, got welcome message but can't find any "contact" tab. How to enter contacts?
DavidKoch
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 5 (3,336 Views)

Re: How 2 add contacts

Me too..there's no menu or contact to click on to....
0 Kudos
iriskimball
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 5 (3,193 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have an iPad and don't use it much for Skyping, but out of curiosity I too have tried to find how to add a a contact.  I've been unsuccessful.  

What I do is manage my Contacts list and other settings via Skype running in Windows.   The Mac version would work for that too.

If you don't have a PC or Mac available to make it easy to add contacts, I hope someone else will come along here with a solution for the iPad.  I'm suspecting at this time the iPad app doesn't yet have the add-a-contact feature. 

edit:  Once contacts are added, the Contacts lists on the iPad shows up in a column to the left of the main window.  When the Skype app is first started, the main window shows "Lists,"  All Contacts, iPad Contacts; Online Contacts; Saved Phone Numbers; Skype Contacts. 

I usually tap Online Contacts but I still see no way to add a Skype contact in the app.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
0 Kudos
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 907
Message 3 of 5 (3,167 Views)

on the top line where it says <lists ALL CONTACTS then a pic of telephone and next to this is a + sign, click this and a box opens to add contact...
yorkie1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 5 (3,127 Views)

Many thanks, will give it a try and see if it will work for me...

Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
Uklady1941
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 5 (2,864 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling