Going to Europe with an IPHONE 3G with no SIM Card...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Going to Europe with an IPHONE 3G with no SIM Card.

Hey,

i am going on a trip around Europe for 27 days and would like to activate a skype account for one month. how much does it cost for the one month? and do i actually get unlimited calls worldwide? it seems to good to be true. whats the catch? do i get money taken off my credit ever phone call?

please let me know asapp

thanks!

Myles

0 Kudos
myles-schwartz
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (808 Views)

Re: Going to Europe with an IPHONE 3G with no SIM Card.

See details for an unlimited world subscription here:

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/prices/pay-monthly

Note the difference between coverage to landlines vs. mobiles.  Also, if you buy a subscription there is some fine print about "reasonable use."  You can read it if you're going to be making a LOT of calls.

You'd pay the cost of the one month subscription in advance.  Be careful to cancel before the next month if you don't want to auto-renew.

An alternative is to buy a few dollars worth of credits.  Those would be taken off your account on a per use basis.

How are you going to use your iPhone with no SIM card?  Will it even start up and be able to connect to wifi with no SIM?

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
0 Kudos
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 861
Message 2 of 3 (800 Views)

Re: Going to Europe with an IPHONE 3G with no SIM Card.

I have an Iphone 4s and is prepay would I require a sim card to use it via skype

0 Kudos
fujitsu941
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (638 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling