Cannot make phone call due to lack of plus sign in...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Cannot make phone call due to lack of plus sign in front of country code

With the latest update of the iPhone Skype app, I have two problems.

1. If I backspace all the way to clear out a phone number to the plus sign of the country code, I can no longer enter a plus sign to establish a country code.

ie.  When Skype is started the phone number begins with :  +1 (for USA, Canada)

After backspacing to clear out number, I can enter a "1", but cannot generate the plus sign.

If I put in the phone number with country code Ie. (  1 999 999 999), Skype complains that is not a valide number since the plus sign is not in front of the 1.

I have to quit the Skype application and restart it again before it will generate a country code with a plus sign (+1 for USA, Canada).

If I want to call another country, I can no longer enter an alternate country code since I cannot generate the plus sign.

Problem #2:  After completing a phone call, the application retains the last number dialed and you have to backspace to clear it out before you can type in a new number to dial.  If one backs up to delete the country code, you have the problem listed above.

0 Kudos
tabby2stripes
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (3,595 Views)

Re: Cannot make phone call due to lack of plus sign in front of country code

[ Edited ]

Hi,

It's simple. Like on every other phone please press and hold zero (0) to generate a plus sign or use 00countrycode.

For example 0043 for Austria, 001 for the USA and so on.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Crowley
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 5 (3,586 Views)

Nope, doesn't work on my iphone since the last update yesterday.

Cannot generate a plus sign... even from the zero key.

Cannot complete a call without the plus sign in front of the country code.

I would think that this means the new release has some bugs in it.

0 Kudos
tabby2stripes
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (3,581 Views)

[ Edited ]

Well, pressing and holding zero (0) for a few seconds generates a + (plus) on my iPhone (5) using the newest release (the hotfixed version from today). Are you sure you have downloaded the newest version of Skype?

0 Kudos
Crowley
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 5 (3,572 Views)

I have the latest version of skype but it doesnt work when i press qnd hold 0
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
0 Kudos
Aqiyl
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 5 (2,142 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling